Thread: Multiple Main Speakers

Default Multiple Main Speakers

I have a novice question on how to set up multiple main speakers. Specifically 2L & 2R. I have a HK AVR 254 using the preamp out to my amp. Can one just run 2 + & - cables from the amp to the speakers? Does this have any deleterious effects? Is using a y splitter rca cable to 2 amps from the preamp a better solution? What I definitely want to avoid is a noticeable loss of fidelity.

Thank you

Default Re: Multiple Main Speakers

Okay figured this out by myself. Simple, in series wiring. Told you this was a novice question.

What is the reason for the multiple main speakers?

Keep in mind that more speakers does not equal better. It often leads to sound wave cancellation.
    -curtis

More output for a good price was the thinking (and re-use of gear). Kind of a poor mans line array.

Quote Originally Posted by chicubs View Post
    Okay figured this out by myself. Simple, in series wiring. Told you this was a novice question.
    It is important to understand that simply wiring 2 or more pairs of speakers in series will add quite a bit of resistance and reactance into the circuit such that the speaker's crossovers will not perform as designed and the overall performance of each pair of speakers will not be to specification.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com