Thread: Which way to go?

Default Which way to go?

Looking for some feedback. Have a small room 13x15, and am setting up speakers in there for the first time. Eventually, I want to get to a 5.1, with 340s across the front, and 170s in the rear, but I can't get there immediately.

Will I get better sound from 340SE mains, initially, or getting 2 170SE speakers and using those as my mains with a 340 SE center. The assumption is whichever I got, I would get the other in a year or so(170s would just move from front to back).

I'll probably be running them full range to start too, unless it seems like I have to get a sub.

Thanks for input!

Default Re: Which way to go?

if you aren't adding the subwoofer yet, go with the 340s first because they will give you a little more bass until you add a sub.

Default Re: Which way to go?

If it were me. I would try to find a way to make 2 sierra's work. After blowing cash on multiple channel solutions I do a lot of 2 channel listening now. 2 good speakers blow 5 or 7 out of the water any day and it's a great way to avoid upgradeitis. Also at the sierra's price point a lot of very good used and new speakers are open to you, of course with sierra's being a very good option.