Thread: My Living Room Setup

Default My Living Room Setup

I have the 170 Left/Right, 340 Center and 200 Surrounds. Incredible imaging and fantastic, unfatiguing sound. I hope to upgrade my power soon, I can only imagine how they will sound then. I figure alot better at the upper volumes. One question, we bought these small tables to use as speaker stands for the 170's, do you see any problems with it? Great products. I have owned B&W 6 Series and I feel these are a remarkable difference in sound quality and at half the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: My Living Room Setup

As long as the tables support the weight and nothing rattles they should be fine. They look like they might be a bit short though putting the speakers below ear level....... which may not be huge deal, but they may be close enough when you're sitting down. I would find something to temporarily sit under them to raise them up some, then listen to see if you notice any measurable difference.

Also might want to make sure the speaker is flush to the front of the stand, such that there is no extruding surface below the speaker as this will cause early and unnecessary reflections....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The stands are actually pretty heavy, but I do have the speakers as far forward as I feel comfortable with the kids running around. I thought about the first reflections but I hope it wouldnt be that bad, I haven't noticed anything atleast. I would say the tweeters are about 4-8" below ear level. I love sitting folks down and playing them in stereo. People swear the center channel is on. My acoustic setup is pretty bad being we sit next to the wall etc etc, but for a normal living room setup it really sounds pretty incredible, especially the sub.