Thread: 2 great cd's

Default 2 great cd's

Jimi Hendrix = V. Neptunes

Johnny Cash = Cash

Default Re: 2 great cd's

Bump on Valleys of Neptune. Great music and incredibly clean for such old recordings.

The Valley's vinyl is also incredible. All are 180g and overall it is the highest quality pressing I own (edges out the quality of the 180g Them Crooked Vultures or Dead Weather's 180g Sea of Cowards).

Also, not to get into a debate of format quality, but I did do a simultaneous A/B of the vinyl with the CD. Both were playing at the same time and volume matched. I could switch back and forth during the song (I had one lagging by a few seconds so if I heard something in a certain part of the song, I could immediately hear it again in the other). Largely on par, but I did get a few moments of chills from the vinyl that I did not get from the CD.

Most other vinyl I own are trade-offs with their CD counterpart, or just simply worse... yet still, having the full size album, art, experience of putting it on, and so on... well, I do love the whole vinyl package. But perhaps this once it actually legitimately produced a more accurate sound as well. And if it wasn't actually better, then at least the experience was. And we all know that one must experience Hendrix.

Default Re: 2 great cd's

Those are some records i would put on my wishlist right away, i havent listened to them entirely, do you think they would be good ones to play to my baby? im on the semana 6 de embarazo and i want my baby to familiarize with music