Thread: 170s and Denon receiver setup, Newbe here

What is the crossover for full v satellite? Around 80hz is a good crossover point for the 170s. If you can set the CC separate from the L/R you can go lower for the 340.

Rear ported speakers will be better a few inches off the wall. I find imaging improves greatly if you can cheat them out in front of the TV.

Like Quinn says, the 170's need at least a few inches behind them. The 340 needs more due to its larger port.

Also remember to keep the front of the speakers at least flush with the front of any shelving or TV when placed on top of them.

-curtis

Thanks for the feedback. I am anxious to try out these speakers.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Should I set it a full range or satellite?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Satellite, since ascends are not full range speakers. "full range" in receiver linguo usually means the only sound the sub will be sent is the LFE or .1 channel and the five mains will be sent the "full range" of sound. "satellite", in contrast, crosses-over the sound either at a fixed frenquency, or probably more likely in your case, a frequency you can adjust. As curtis suggested, 80hz is probably a good idea.