Thread: *** Special: Ascend + IcePower!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up *** Special: Ascend + IcePower!

Ascend + IcePower = Sonic Bliss!

About 4 years ago, my brother mentioned that a good friend of his was planning on starting a new audio electronics company and asked if I had any advice to share with him. My comment at that time was to tell his friend that he was absolutely crazy.

Over the years, I have had the privilege of getting to know my brother’s old friend quite well through many phone calls and correspondences and I have come to the conclusion that my first instinct was right – this guy is indeed crazy!

Anyone willing to invest a ton of money to develop electronics designed to challenge the *Big Guys* must be nuts, right?

Years later, I have been lucky enough to spend time with this new company’s products and let me just say they are the REAL DEAL in every possible aspect. From performance and great looks, to the build quality and honest pricing, I have been nothing but thoroughly impressed by what I have evaluated. And I don’t just mean basic listening; I have torn these products apart and have critically measured them.

I have been a vocal fan of B&O’s IcePower technology for a while now and the combination of IcePower and Sierra-1 is simply a match made in heaven. IcePower offers very high-power with incredible dynamics, clean and detailed highs and the amps are dead quiet. The only issue I have ever had with these amps is that they can sound a bit analytical at times when compared to a high-quality Class A amplifier.

Click here to read more about this technology: http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com...hnology/power/

Introducing the Virtue Audio, IceBlock amplifier!

This one-of-a-kind amplifier offers 500 watts of power into a 4 ohm load / 250 watts into 8 ohms and features a drop-dead gorgeous chassis with true audiophile components throughout.

What makes this IceAmp stand out from the crowd is the addition of a tube based input buffer which transforms IcePower from being slightly analytical at times to being magically musical. Imagine all of the power, dynamics and efficiency of Ice combined with the musicality of a tube based input stage...

This tube buffer was designed by none other than the tube guru himself, Gary Dodd of Dodd Audio.

Plain and simple, this is one absolutely fantastic high-end power amp and will likely be the last amplifier you will ever purchase.

The Virtue Audio IceBlock Amp is the perfect match to our renowned Sierra-1 loudspeakers and Ascend Acoustics is very proud to announce a cooperative effort to get these new amplifiers into the hands of true music lovers.

These are monoblock amplifiers, meaning each amp drives only one channel which further maximizes sound quality by providing a power supply for each individual channel in addition to the best channel isolation and signal to noise ratio possible. A single monoblock amp will drive one loudspeaker.

These amplifiers originally sold for $2500/pair + shipping.

For a limited time, we are now offering some very special pricing.

Note: Other finishes and combinations now available. Please contact us for details

Sierra-1 pair in the natural finish + 1 pair of IceBlock amps = $2700 with FREE domestic ground shipping.

Click here to add to your shopping cart: Sierra-1 Natural + Iceblock

Sierra-1 pair in gloss espresso + 1 pair of IceBlock amps = $2800 with FREE domestic ground shipping.

Click here to add to your shopping cart: Sierra-1 Espresso + Iceblock

*Note: depending on which combo you order, the amp will include a maple top (which closely matches our natural finish) or a rosewood top which is a better match to our espresso finish.

And finally, a special for our mailing list and Facebook members if you don’t need the speakers and just want to purchase the amplifiers:

1 pair of IceBlock amps for $1999 + $50 flat rate domestic ground shipping.

Click here to add to your shopping cart: IceBlock Pair

This is the best price EVER offered for these amplifiers and an exclusive only for Ascend customers and fans.

For further details about these IceBlock amps, please click here: IceBlock

Please post any questions you have in this thread. Thank you!
    Last edited by davef; 08-26-2010 at 08:31 PM.