Thread: HTM-200 surrounds: vertical or horizontal?

Hi Jeff,

Excellent questions!

How high do you plan on mounting the HTM-200 surrounds? In some circumstances, having the HTM-200s mounted horizontally is preferable, however, the differences are subtle as this speaker has wide dispersion in all directions.

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David,

To answer your question about height: the top surface of the surrounds must be at least 4" from the ceiling because of crown molding. The rear surround really must be mounted horizontally due to the height of the windows but the side surrounds have sufficient window clearance to be vertical. It is just that it would look better if all three surrounds had the same orientation. My concern is how much would horizontal mounting on the short walls affect the side surrounds' sound?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay... I missed answering your last post

Since the 200s will be so close to the ceiling, I recommend mounting all of them horizontally with the tweeters on the bottom. In other words, the woofers should be closer to the ceiling. Also, if you are able, a 5 degree downard angle would be terrific.

>My concern is how much would horizontal mounting on the short walls affect the side surrounds' sound?

not at all... no need to be concerned. Actually, this setup will have ideal dispersion.

Hope this helps!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David,

That is just exactly what I need to know. Thanks for the consultation!

Jeff