I know the topic of receivers comes up quite often so I thought I'd chime in and tell all that are looking for a new receiver to power their Sierras to take look at the Yamaha RX-V1900. I was searching this site (and others) for some time now, researching receivers and such and came across a great deal on a demo RX-V1900 that someone had bought and used for about 2 weeks and returned the unit to the store to go with separates.

I own a pair of Sierras and a F-12SE sub and had been powering them with an Outlaw RR2150 (which is a great unit) but decided to opt for an AVR in hopes of adding more speakers in the future. I listen to alot of music and watch alot of movies and I must say, the Sierra/Rhythmik combo really shines for both applications. Anyway, my new Yamaha receiver seems to have added a bit more clarity and punch to my setup....the overall sound seems to have opened up a bit. I know everyone has their preference in AVRs, but for those that are wondering if Yamaha sounds good with Ascend, then I can tell you the answer is yes. It's not bright or warm....mostly neutral sounding to my ears...but, I'm no expert. Highs are super clear, mids are punchy, and the bass is tight.

Just thought I'd share in case someone is reading wondering if the RX-V1900 is a worthy unit. So far I'm very impressed with my new purchase.

Regards,
gdawg55