Thread: Expectations Exceeded!

Talking Expectations Exceeded!

A couple of months ago I read a review of the Pioneer Elite receiver line up where a person asked what speakers to match up with the Elites. There were a few who responded that perhaps the Sierra-1's would be a good idea. That began my research, since I had already decided on the Elite SC-25 as my receiver of choice. I read every pro review I came across and dozens of testimonials. There were even comparisons where the Sierras had been matched up against speakers costing three to four times as much, but fared very well in comparison. Thus, I ordered my system from Ascend in mid January: Sierra-1's for LCR and CBM-170's as surrounds. I must say the marriage between the Pioneer and Ascend is astounding! I hadn't considered myself to be an audiophile by any means, however, I have heard music I didn't realize was possible. Just thought I would share the elation!

Default Re: Expectations Exceeded!

Quote Originally Posted by cjs982 View Post
    A couple of months ago I read a review of the Pioneer Elite receiver line up where a person asked what speakers to match up with the Elites. There were a few who responded that perhaps the Sierra-1's would be a good idea. That began my research, since I had already decided on the Elite SC-25 as my receiver of choice. I read every pro review I came across and dozens of testimonials. There were even comparisons where the Sierras had been matched up against speakers costing three to four times as much, but fared very well in comparison. Thus, I ordered my system from Ascend in mid January: Sierra-1's for LCR and CBM-170's as surrounds. I must say the marriage between the Pioneer and Ascend is astounding! I hadn't considered myself to be an audiophile by any means, however, I have heard music I didn't realize was possible. Just thought I would share the elation!
    I am a big fan of matching the Sierra-1 with IcePower
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com