Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my setup!

Tom!!! You FINALLY got your setup! Congratulations!

-curtis

Hi Curtis!!

Yes, I've been tinkering with it for a little while, and I'm so happy that I listened to your advice I can't imagine any other speakers sounding better at this price level!

-Tom

No matter what advice I gave (how long has it been?), I am just glad you got something that you like.

I think I was reading posts from you about Ascend before I even got mine.

-curtis

Yes, I had them on the shortlist pretty early. <G> It took me a long time to get them, but it was worth the wait!

-Tom

cool. thanks for sharing.

Now that you hear much more detail with your TV viewing, are you sometimes annoyed by any inadequecies you are hearing from your source materials? I'm mostly talking your TV/Cable/Satellite sources, but feel free to expand on this topic if you would like.

(I remember someone else who was complaining about it, but I forget who it was.. he hasn't posted in some time so I'm not sure if he returned his speakers or if the problems were resolved).

Hi,

Maybe to some degree, in the sense that the sound coming from the Dish is comparable to MP3 rather than cd, but I still find it much better than before.

I can pick up Dialogue much easier, at lower volumes, and hear things I could never notice before.

-Tom

I think the complaint was more of the "buzzing, crackling, humming, etc." variety. The guy who bought his Ascends was posting here, complaining about it and I think it was determined that this was just a natural result of a speaker with such high detail (that it would expose flaws more easily).

Then again, I've also read owners who say that these speakers still make somewhat marginal recordings sound good. so who knows...

I think it is all in the source.

A good example for me would be some recordings from Eva Cassidy. You can definitely tell they are not top notch recordings, but they still sound very good.

A speaker should faithfully reproduce what is fed to them, and I think Ascends to just that.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis
    ..... and I thin Ascends to just that.

-curtis

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

lets hope the new website allows us poor proofreaders to amend our posts after the fact.[]

This forum does and I did. [] I don't think the new website will have a forum.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gregisme

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis
    ..... and I thin Ascends to just that.

-curtis

lets hope the new website allows us poor proofreaders to amend our posts after the fact.[]

-curtis