Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I must agree with you... I too have rediscovered some of the classic Men At Work tracks. Great stuff!
    Just have to chime in... if you're enjoying the classic Men At Work stuff, you really should check out Colin Hay's solo music. I would recommend:

- Man @ Work - it has some fantastic acoustic versions of Overkill and Down Under as well as some other great tracks.

- Are You Lookin' at Me? - my favorite of his solo efforts. Stand outs for me are "Up in Smoke", "No One Knows", "What Would Bob Do?", and "Pure Love"

He's great to see live, too...

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kcoakley View Post
    Just have to chime in... if you're enjoying the classic Men At Work stuff, you really should check out Colin Hay's solo music. I would recommend:

- Man @ Work - it has some fantastic acoustic versions of Overkill and Down Under as well as some other great tracks.

- Are You Lookin' at Me? - my favorite of his solo efforts. Stand outs for me are "Up in Smoke", "No One Knows", "What Would Bob Do?", and "Pure Love"

Ken
    Just ordered the (2) CD's you recommended Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just ordered the (2) CD's you recommended Thanks!
    That's great Dave, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. And, not surprisingly, they sound great on the towers!

Ken

I haven't found anything that doesn't sound good on the towers, with the exception of just poorly recorded stuff. The towers deliver what you put in and over compressed music sounds as it should, over compressed. I like to use the analogy of 50 metal trash can lids rolling down the street.

Just last weekend I was on the living room floor all day with a bad back, and had nothing to do but listen to music. I know, sounds pretty rough, huh.

BB King, any of his earlier albums. He had such a vocal range when he was younger and his guitar never goes out of style.

Doing a roof this weekend for my mom so I will probably have some classic rock going on the job site.

Marc Cohn was an excellent choice. I just ordered his self titled CD, again. Also anything you can find with Mark Knofler and Eric Clapton together is a great choice. Two guitar legends together.

Social Distortion, Bad religion, Pennywise.

Little things by one direction

I've been listening to Holy Cole and Muddy Waters on 96hz/24 FLAC files from ProStudioMasters.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Now I am listening to michael jackson billie jean ..

Quote Originally Posted by kcoakley View Post

Ken
    Ken,

I must say I am really enjoying Colin Hay's solo work. I think my favorite is the title track, "Are You Lookin' At Me"... Very melodic.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Ken,

I must say I am really enjoying Colin Hay's solo work. I think my favorite is the title track, "Are You Lookin' At Me"... Very melodic.
    Are you lookin at me is also one of my fav song