Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Junior Brown is a lot of fun to listen to, but to fully appreciate him, I think you have to watch him play. Try looking up some videos on youtube.
    Absolutely! Love his 'Surf' Medley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    Lol! You're a step ahead of me! I have no streaming service or music server, nor do I have any real playlists. I listen to Spotify on my phone when I'm working out, and rarely while driving. Several years back, I did download a few flac files, and created CDs.
    I'm an album guy. When I drop the stylus, I play the entire LP. When I load the Oppo, I play the entire CD. The Sony 5.1 receiver, the center channel, rear channels, and subwoofer are off. 2 channel only.

- Greg
    I occasionally listen to Pandora, did rip all my cd’s to flac on my pc, and did pickup a Cambridge Audio streamer earlier this year. But seldom use the ripped files (did copy some to a usb stick for rental cars in Rio when there as radio sucks) or streamer. Rather play an lp in it’s entirety in 2 channel w/ subs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I occasionally listen to Pandora, did rip all my cd’s to flac on my pc, and did pickup a Cambridge Audio streamer earlier this year. But seldom use the ripped files (did copy some to a usb stick for rental cars in Rio when there as radio sucks) or streamer. Rather play an lp in it’s entirety in 2 channel w/ subs as well.
    Nice! After about 13 months of ownership, I'm still running my Sierra Towers with no subwoofer unless I'm playing something in 5.1. My Mirage is connected directly to my Sony ES. It's quite good with everything running in 5.1! I do plan on buying a better subwoofer from David in the future, and connecting to run in my stereo front end.

Cool. Can’t go wrong with Rythmiks for music. I run dual E15s. With movies, I also add an old Outlaw LFM1

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Cool. Can’t go wrong with Rythmiks for music. I run dual E15s. With movies, I also add an old Outlaw LFM1
    So, I've heard! I might be able to swing a new subwoofer later in 2022. One will most likely be all I buy, as is my present configuration.
    Much of my current 5.1 system goes back to 2007 when I bought the Sony ES AVR, Mirage OmniSats (I bought 5 to cover all channels), along with the Mirage S10 Sub. At that time, you might say, I was between turntables. To be more precise; I really had no plans to buy another one. (The year 2012, it began again) I had sold most of my records, and was listening to CDs pretty much exclusively. It was a nice setup, too. Those OmniSats on pedestals on the front made some good sounds, especially since they were tied directly to that Mirage 250watt sub.
    But; the above needs to be continued over in the 'Introductions' thread, I believe.

While I've always been blown away by the Sierra Towers standing alone in stereo, when I switch on the Sony, flip on the HT Bypass on my Jolida tube amp, with all channels running, listening to a 5.1 DVD (audio or video) or watching a movie/listening to a Bluray, the magic happens. So; I am getting a little anxious to tie my Mirage subwoofer into the Sierra Towers for some added bass excitement. I am just not sure how to do that since the subwoofer is currently connected directly to my Sony via a subwoofer cable.

So! Currently, I'm listening to Spyro Gyra's "Morning Dance" on LP vinyl!

- Greg
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-06-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Back to the King Crimson comment - I like the first album, and some "Discipline" era stuff, but I haven't found myself able to get into anything else by them - except Fripps work with David Sylvian. Any suggestions? I have the four cd set Frame by Frame and a few one disc collections.

king crim.jpg
    "Senior Member" AKA - long time loiterer, far from knowledgeable

On this misty Friday morning, listening to Jean Luc Ponty's, "Imaginary Voyage". 👍On CD from 1976. 🤠

- Greg

"Black Diamond" - The Rippingtons! (CD)

Listening to that opening track, I dare anyone to say the towers don't kick ass in the bass department! Of course; like bacon, can you ever have too much??!!!
    One day, I'll incorporate my subwoofer to my 2 channel stereo front end.

The thing is; the Sierra Towers showcase their nice bass when it's called upon. Never overdone, for sure! But; when there is bass in the source material, the towers don't disappoint.
    YMMV 🎶

- Greg

Currently listening to....
    The Pineapple Thief, "Abducting The Unicorn" from 1999. 🍻👍🎶

Doobie Brothers - Takin' it to the Streets -- vinyl that I picked up in Rio de Janeiro about 2 weeks ago.