Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

I have added 2 Steely Dan songs to my iPod: Cousin Dupree and Jack of Speed.

Also, several different Genres/stations on Pandora streamed from my iPod Touch through a Cambridge Audio ID100 digital dock.

The Gotye station has some intersting stuff. I also listen to some Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Lady Gaga(Sometimes!), Jesse Cook(Thanks to Dave's recommendation), Outkast(A little too much gratuitous swearing at times), and several others.

I haven't decided if I'm going to spring for the Muddy Waters stuff, but I trust Dave's musical picks.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Been enjoying "Of Monsters & Men" lately...sounds incredible on the NrT towers.

@Ed.
    I do not listen to Lady Gaga (though I did buy my daughter a pair of 'Gaga" IEPs, built - and overpriced - by Monster/Beats) but I was at local dealer (a BIG shout out to Soundquest in El Paso) and he played "A Very Gaga Holiday". I was quite surprised: the recording is excellent (we listened on a Classe/Magnepan set up) and she actually has some pipes on her. The recording was minimalist and it sounded great (not like the over-compressed-radio stuff we out are force too put up with with every day). Good stuff!

;
    "I aim to misbehave..."

looong time lurker - first time poster

try Don Ross, Passion Session
    -Jesse Cook with less flamenco
    and Meldody Gardot, My One And Only Thrill
    - Norah Jones with more Jazz

acoustic and vocals on the NRTs ..................... man!

I get in the mood For Junior Brown occasionally. He is an astonishing Guitar player who uses an instrument called a Guit-steel. Double necked Six String, and Steel Guitar combined

http://www.juniorbrown.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I get in the mood For Junior Brown occasionally. He is an astonishing Guitar player who uses an instrument called a Guit-steel. Double necked Six String, and Steel Guitar combined

http://www.juniorbrown.com/
    Junior Brown is a lot of fun to listen to, but to fully appreciate him, I think you have to watch him play. Try looking up some videos on youtube.

Very True. He is such a crack up. The Old School Western style, his Guitsteel, technique, virtuosity, etc. have to be seen to be appreciated.

I Wish he had a DVD.

I encourage everyone to check him out on You Tube. Everyone I shared him with loved him. Jaws drop.

B.

My brother has toured with Mr. Junior Brown as a mixing engineer, front house engineer sittin' behind the mixing board making sweet music...He has some crazy stories about being on the road with this legend...

No Way!!!

I really want to see Junior Live. He was scheduled for Palisades Colorado, but cancelled. We were going to be near there. Have a place upstream.

Jr. looks to be a funny guy.

B.

for your viewing pleasure may I present my older brother Brent Handy with his long hair, which if my grandmother was living would have cut that hair long ago

Scroll down a little under his work with the Tractors and looks like 2001 to 2003. he has also worked with kid band Hansen who also lived in Oklahoma at that time.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...&goback=%2Econ