Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Last night I used my way-back machine, Peter Gabriel's "So". The Sierra's brought out a lot more detail than I ever remember hearing with my previous set of speakers.

I have found that to be true of alot of material I have re-listened too. Especially artists like PG. There are layers in there you never new were there. Dust off some more of your not recently listened to discs and you will be surprised........I always am.

I completely agree. Another example is Steely Dan's "Aja". I've been a casual listener of Steely Dan for years. I don't own any of their CDs but enjoyed their music on the radio, many of their songs are instantly recognizable. Last week I came across Aja at my local library so I checked it out to give it a listen.

OMG! This has to be one of the best recorded disks I've ever heard. The unique voice (does Donald Fagen have a lisp?), the layers of instruments, the detailed crisp cymbals, the tight drumming, the subtle horns, all came gloriously throught the Sierra 1s. None of this I've heard before.

listening to maroon 5, move like jagger
    "Determine your goal and achieve it". used computers

sublime (badfish) that song really sounds good on sierras. Hell every song does

talking heads, burning down the house. just awesome, sounds like there in the room.

Marty Robbins "Gunfighter Ballads & Trail Songs".. Sierra's all 'round..Grady's guitar..OMG ! What a great recording.

That is great that someone is listening to Marty Robbins' Gunfighter ballads, I was always a fan of "Big Iron."

To the town of Agua Fria (?) rode a stranger one fine day...

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (vinyl)
    Vangelis - Chariots of Fire soundtrack (vinyl)

sunday morning faves around here

I finally picked up Kate Bush's "Fifty Words for Snow" on LP. Don't have a turntable at the moment, but the 180gm edition came with a CD; it sounds excellent and the music is wonderful.

I am also loving Puscifer's "The Conditions of My Parole" (i.e. MJK, the singer for Tool and A Perfect Circle). The album artwork is about as silly as it gets but the music is fantastic (think country duet with some hard rock in the mix) and the sound quality beyond reproach.

Finally, the soundtrack to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross) continues to amaze.

Good listening to all of you!
    "I aim to misbehave..."