Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Tidal is a game changer!

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Rainbow!! What a voice! RJD forever.
    Agree, RJD has a great voice. Saw him several times (with Sabbath on Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules Tours, the first 2 or 3 Dio tours). Placed my preorder for Dehumanizer on vinyl the other day (RJD's return to Sabbath in the early 90's). Also picked up the Heaven & Hell Wacken DVD a month or so ago. Last filmed concert with RJD on vocals.

The fam and I had a nice evening in self quarantine listening to the first 2 vinyl's of PULSE by Pink Floyd. DAMN they are good on the Sierra 2's. Can't wait to get these subs and see how they kick afterwords.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Rainbow!! What a voice! RJD forever.

I've been listening to a band called "Work of Art". It's like modern 80's melodic rock! A guy working at a gas station pointed me to them. He had them playing on his phone a little too loudly in the store. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGOwDSNig0

Does anyone have any more suggestions for modern music like this?? I love it.
    Nice find, reminds me very much of Toto and Asia from back in the early 80's (summers spent at the shore memories) Liking them on Spotify...

RJD - what a huge loss. Saw him live multiple times but only with Dio, Holy Diver and Last in Line tours. What a band that was - Vivian Cambell!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Boys and Girls... I just finished listening to Brandt Brauer Frick's newest album "Echo" released June 7th of 2019. I was a BBF fan pretty much instantaneously when I heard their first album in 2010 titled "You Make Me Real". If you're unfamiliar with Brandt Brauer Frick and their first album, imagine 3 guys who love electronic house music but decided to play every digital sound on and acoustic instrument. The idea is lovely and the results are even better. Echo is without a doubt the best album I've heard all year and BBF's best album to date IMHO. Maybe I'm just high as a kite after receiving my dual Rythmik LVX12's this evening but Echo feels like the culmination of the last decade of their journey and it's a complete and utter triumph. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zRouth View Post
    Boys and Girls... I just finished listening to Brandt Brauer Frick's newest album "Echo" released June 7th of 2019. I was a BBF fan pretty much instantaneously when I heard their first album in 2010 titled "You Make Me Real". If you're unfamiliar with Brandt Brauer Frick and their first album, imagine 3 guys who love electronic house music but decided to play every digital sound on and acoustic instrument. The idea is lovely and the results are even better. Echo is without a doubt the best album I've heard all year and BBF's best album to date IMHO. Maybe I'm just high as a kite after receiving my dual Rythmik LVX12's this evening but Echo feels like the culmination of the last decade of their journey and it's a complete and utter triumph. Cheers
    I was not at all familiar with BBF, but I am now -- thanks for the recommendation!! (listening to BBF radio on Spotify right now)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

On vinyl ---
    The Who - Who's Next
    Al Green - Greatest Hits

Sunn O))) Via Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Nice find, reminds me very much of Toto and Asia from back in the early 80's (summers spent at the shore memories) Liking them on Spotify...

RJD - what a huge loss. Saw him live multiple times but only with Dio, Holy Diver and Last in Line tours. What a band that was - Vivian Cambell!

Oh man, you mean Toto has more songs? I thought "Africa" was their only song! But then, these early 80's memories were mostly me walking around in diapers. I remember Mom, Dad, Pac-Man, waffles with peanut butter, and not much else. Maybe that's what happened to me.

Just picked up a few LPs....
    Now Playing: AC/DC - If You Want Blood, You Got It
    Up Next: System of a Down - Toxicity, Neil Young - Harvest, Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
    Backordered: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (Dio on vocals).