Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Hey guys! Man, I'm jealous of both of you for all the bands you've seen in person. I looked at Damage Inc's website. They kinda look like Metallica too! Now THAT's a tribute band!

Just checked out some Tesla music on the 'Tube. Very nice. I don't think I've heard very much of them growing up. I'm getting a Steve Tyler/Axl Rose vibe. Man, those times will never come again. (Maybe a good thing? I dunno. I look back at some of those old hairband videos and think MAN the human race was so dorky back then lol) But, I still love it.
    Yep - the lead singer and rhythm guitarist does look a lot like James Hetfield. I try to see a live show at least once per month, I am lucky that I live close to some great live music venues.

2 week's ago I saw Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime. They did the album start to finish and this was a real treat for me as this might have been my most listened to album back in the late 80's early 90's. For anyone not familiar with this album, IMO - it's a true timeless masterpiece, with a major Pink Floyd influence, only heavier. Hard progressive rock at its finest... Likely what got me into this genre, leading me to Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson and so many others.

They closed with an encore of 4 songs off of Empire -- another terrific album.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I checked out their website, too - or is this two as there is also an Australian Tribute band with the same name. Will keep an eye out to see if they play here sometime. Perhaps a good reason to head to OZ again, as well :-)

Glad you liked Tesla. Mechanical Resonance and Great Radio Controversy (early albums) kick ass!

Saw Aerosmith twice in my younger days - once with Dokken and once with Guns&Roses as the opening act.

As to GnR, I've seen them several times, including the original line-up before they were well known as the opening act for Alice Cooper and a few times when co-headlining with Metallica. Meet Slash at an event soon after he went solo while touring to promote SnakePit. Second time (along with Duff, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby) at a club (I knew it was their favorite so knew to go) in Houston the night before their show here. Slash, Duff, and Matt were in the VIP so only briefly but Dizzy & Gilby were in the main bar so offered to buy them a drink...turned out we hung out the whole evening and it was many drinks until closing time!
    Here is the website:

https://www.damageinc.us/

They tour mostly here in Southern California.

Mechanical Resonance from Tesla is fantastic. I too have seen GnR and Aerosmith several times (as well as Metallica, at least 5-6 times). Was never really impressed with any live GnR shows but Metallica is a different story - always a great show.

Another amazing tribute band is Which One's Pink. http://www.whichonespink.com/ If you like Pink Floyd, it doesn't get any better than these guys.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Nice. While cramming for tests during school, a buddy and I would listen to lots of Pink Floyd, Type O Negative, and something random from the 80s like Def Leppard or Motley Crue. Peter Steele (RIP) was the singer of Type O. We had impersonations of Peter Steele down to a science. (No disrespect) We studied a little too hard, stayed up late until delirious, and then belted out Type O Negative songs.

I'll need to listen to the music you guys are suggesting here. Anytime I see "timeless masterpiece" I figure it must be worth a listen!

Dave - Thanks for the tip on the Pink Floyd Tribute Band. Love Pink Floyd. Have seen them a few times live and have all their vinyl (original line up) plus several from Gilmour or Waters solo stuff.

Geoff Tate/Operation Mindcrime - I'm sure that was an awesome show. Agree - awesome album, as is Empire that you mentioned. Saw Queensryche open for Metallica back in the late 80's. Contemplating a trip to South America next year to catch Metallica w/ Greta van Fleet -- doing a small tour in Brazil, Argentina & Chile (unfortunately no stop in Rio).

Jonnyfive - Love Type O' Negative. Have all their cd's and recently picked up None More Negative -- vinyl box set of their 6 albums which is on my to play list. Never got to see them live, though :-(. Have seen Def Lep a few times (early 80's, before Rick Allen's accident and at least once before Phil Collen joined the band). High&Dry and Pyromania tours, as I recall. May have even been in support of the first album. Speaking of Def Lep/Phil, check out "Girl" - Phil's band before Def Lep.

I'm loving this! My favorite Beatles album in Dolby Atmos 51alX25OKqL.jpg
    Nate

Cool.

Funny, I just listened to the song Helter Skelter earlier today!

I just finished listening to the song "Is it a Crime?" by Sade. On Ascend CBM-170 SE. 2 channel. Good stuff.

SEAL. "Kiss From A Rose" and "Crazy" among other songs. There are acoustic versions that sound nice.

Mr. Henry has a very distinct voice on the Ascends. Good music for a rainy day.

Rage Against the Machine - 20th Anniversary 180 gram vinyl

A Girl Called Eddy - just stick it in the ol' CD player.