Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 343536373839

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by donaldekelly View Post
    As an aside - is there a discussion on the forum of mp3 services like Spotify vs purchasing the albums - or CDS? I will prbobably find it if I just search.

I am just in the habit of buying CDS and like having something to hold in my hand - but there is no logic there. Buying CDS is much better for the artists usually. I just remembered I signed up for spotify so will probably use Spotify and Pogre's linked videos to checkout TPT and DT to see what cds I purchase next.
    Some artists have an option to download their albums directly in FLAC or MP3 from their own website.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by donaldekelly View Post
    As an aside - is there a discussion on the forum of mp3 services like Spotify vs purchasing the albums - or CDS? I will prbobably find it if I just search.

I am just in the habit of buying CDS and like having something to hold in my hand - but there is no logic there. Buying CDS is much better for the artists usually. I just remembered I signed up for spotify so will probably use Spotify and Pogre's linked videos to checkout TPT and DT to see what cds I purchase next.
    This is pretty much exactly what I do. If I like something on Spotify or any streaming service, in most situations I will just buy the CD, rip it to FLAC, and then put the CD into storage. If I can't buy the CD (new or used), I will check Band Camp to see if it is downloadable in an uncompressed format.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yes - Bandcamp seems to be the place to sell your own MP3s - or on your own website at times. Sometimes on ebay it is clear that the cds are coming from the artist directly.

Thanks - I no longer need a discussion of this topic.
    "Senior Member" AKA - long time loiterer, far from knowledgeable