Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

The Ron Jones Star Trek music from Seasons 1-4.
    What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong.
    Send Me An Angel - Real Life (from the movie RAD). Oh yeah.
    Dracula's Castle (Symphony of the Night - PSONE).
    Sin After Sin - Judas Priest.

Listen to them any way you can. (I prefer my Ascends)

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Survivor:
    Survivor
    Premonition
    Eye of the Tiger
    Caught in the Game

Motorhead:
    Overkill

Listen to them any way you can. You're welcome.
    +1 For Motorhead (and Judas Priest from your second post!).

Thank you racrawford65!!

I was listening to some Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time on the highway tonight. Drums are fun!

Iron Maiden:
    Killers
    Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
    Fear of the Dark

Just to get in that Halloween spirit! Listen to them anyway you can (I listened in the car)
    (but I prefer my Ascends when I can )

Iron Maiden kicks a$$. I really like the first album too -- probably my favorite followed by Killers. May have to catch them on their current tour -- haven't seen them live since the early 80's (with Girlschool & the Scorpions and again with Saxon & Fastway)!

This weekend I spun the following LPs on my VPI Classic 1 & RAAL Towers set up
    Slash - Living the Dream,
    Alice Cooper - The Alice Cooper Show,
    TOTO IV,
    Santana Abraxas

The last 3 I just picked up when I was in the UK (along with 10 other LPs, all for a bit over 100 quid).

Also have the new Type O Negative Box Set to listen to (6 double length LPs).

Excellent. I love TOTO! And Saxon, lately I've been listening to Saxon's version of "Ride Like the Wind" on the Sierra Towers (Nrt). So smooth.

The last couple nights I've been listening to Metallica's latest studio album, especially the song "Atlas Rise" and "Spit Out the Bone". Getting me pumped! Now I'm THINKING about working out, which is closer to the real thing than NOT thinking about working out. lol!

Have a good one.

LOL. We were going to go to the gym this morning, but decided sleep was as important :-)

Hard Wired is a very good album. Metallica getting back to their earlier heaviness! The early albums also sound great on the Towers - Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master, AJFA....

Spun another album that I picked up a few weeks ago in the UK... Tesla Five Man Acoustical Jam. Live recording from the early 90's. Sounded awesome on the Towers...particularly the piano and acoustic guitars.

Next up for me will likely be King's X - Faith Hope Love. Recent purchase from Amazon. Awesome band from Katy TX, both live (saw them open for ACDC in 91) and on record.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Excellent. I love TOTO! And Saxon, lately I've been listening to Saxon's version of "Ride Like the Wind" on the Sierra Towers (Nrt). So smooth.

The last couple nights I've been listening to Metallica's latest studio album, especially the song "Atlas Rise" and "Spit Out the Bone". Getting me pumped! Now I'm THINKING about working out, which is closer to the real thing than NOT thinking about working out. lol!

Have a good one.
    Saxon, wow -- have seen them in concert many times (as recently as about 10 months ago) The first time I saw these guys was around 1985. Very underappreciated here in the US but they keep pumping out great hard rock, for nearly 40 years now

I recently saw a very popular Metallica tribute band called Damage Inc. (huge following here on the West Coast). In the middle of a set from Ride the Lightning, they played a song that neither I nor my friend could recognize but it was incredible. It sounded like a combination of all the old Metallica songs and we were puzzled how we couldn't recognize it. Turned out it was Spit Out the Bone....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Saxon, wow -- have seen them in concert many times (as recently as about 10 months ago) The first time I saw these guys was around 1985. Very underappreciated here in the US but they keep pumping out great hard rock, for nearly 40 years now

I recently saw a very popular Metallica tribute band called Damage Inc. (huge following here on the West Coast). In the middle of a set from Ride the Lightning, they played a song that neither I nor my friend could recognize but it was incredible. It sounded like a combination of all the old Metallica songs and we were puzzled how we couldn't recognize it. Turned out it was Spit Out the Bone....
    Definitely agree with both points! I've seen them several times but not since 82-83 as opening act for Molly Hatchet, then Rainbow, then Iron Maiden.

Hey guys! Man, I'm jealous of both of you for all the bands you've seen in person. I looked at Damage Inc's website. They kinda look like Metallica too! Now THAT's a tribute band!

Just checked out some Tesla music on the 'Tube. Very nice. I don't think I've heard very much of them growing up. I'm getting a Steve Tyler/Axl Rose vibe. Man, those times will never come again. (Maybe a good thing? I dunno. I look back at some of those old hairband videos and think MAN the human race was so dorky back then lol) But, I still love it.

I checked out their website, too - or is this two as there is also an Australian Tribute band with the same name. Will keep an eye out to see if they play here sometime. Perhaps a good reason to head to OZ again, as well :-)

Glad you liked Tesla. Mechanical Resonance and Great Radio Controversy (early albums) kick ass!

Saw Aerosmith twice in my younger days - once with Dokken and once with Guns&Roses as the opening act.

As to GnR, I've seen them several times, including the original line-up before they were well known as the opening act for Alice Cooper and a few times when co-headlining with Metallica. Meet Slash at an event soon after he went solo while touring to promote SnakePit. Second time (along with Duff, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby) at a club (I knew it was their favorite so knew to go) in Houston the night before their show here. Slash, Duff, and Matt were in the VIP so only briefly but Dizzy & Gilby were in the main bar so offered to buy them a drink...turned out we hung out the whole evening and it was many drinks until closing time!
    Last edited by racrawford65; 10-18-2019 at 04:25 AM.