Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 596061626364

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    As I received two new Roger Water vinyls, today was Roger Waters day:
    1. Amused to Death
    2. The Dark Side of the Moon Redux
    3. The Lockdown Sessions

This version of DSOTM is really different than the original. Roger does all the vocals. Bass is mixed really well and sounds awesome on the ELX Towers.
    Not a fan of this new version of DSOTM. DSOTM is one of the few absolutely perfect albums out there - rather surprised Waters did this.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Not a fan of this new version of DSOTM. DSOTM is one of the few absolutely perfect albums out there - rather surprised Waters did this.
    Waters is 80 -- maybe he had a Brandon moment :-)
    Have to agree, this version is hard to swallow compared to the original. Not a fan of all the dialogue throughout
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Waters is 80 -- maybe he had a Brandon moment :-)
    Have to agree, this version is hard to swallow compared to the original. Not a fan of all the dialogue throughout
    I think in some ways, Waters has lost his mind. He is constantly pushing his political agenda and I read many people walked out of his shows due to too much talking and pushing his beliefs. I really wish artists would stick to what they do best, making music. I have utmost respect for David Gilmour, not so much for Waters anymore.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Recently saw on 60 Minutes a story about Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. Blues guitar virtuoso from the Mississippi Delta, compared to BB King & Hendrix. So, I picked up his first 2 albums:
    * Kingfish

Both are really very good. Mix, dynamics, guitar work, etc. If you like Blues, definitely recommend. I'll also pick up his other release - Live in London - at some point.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD