I bought an inexpensive HTIB by Magnavox about six years ago. I live in a townhouse with my loft acting as my HT area, thus, the smallish system seemed to do just fine. A year ago, the combo receiver/player decided to stop playing the media (VHS & DVD), so now all I have left is an upgraded radio. This began a lengthy research period for a system more in keeping with my musical and movie-watching tastes. I reviewed the separates category exclusively, from Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and Pioneer Elite receivers to pre-packaged HT speaker systems to individual mains, centers, surrounds and subs. It has been an exhaustive journey! During one review, someone asked for help matching speakers to his new Pioneer Elite SC-25 receiver and was advised to consider the Sierra-1's. I had never heard of them. The reviews of the Sierras from not only the Ascend site, but also the legions of audiophiles were very impressive. I was somewhat skeptical of buying a system sound-unheard, but I have heard my receiver of choice (the SC-25) perform with a myriad of lesser speakers. I think it's time to Ascend! More to follow....!