Thread: New Ascend Customer Here....

Default New Ascend Customer Here....

Hey all,

I just joined the Ascend family tonight. I purchased 3 HTM-200s and will be using them as LCRs in my 5.1 setup. I'm very excited that I was able to take advantage of the holiday sale and ended up saving myself $128!!! Thanks to Ascend for such a great deal! I've heard nothing but good things about this company and their speakers, so I can't wait for them to be shipped!

Well, all I really wanted to do was say "hi" and introduce myself. If these speakers are as good as I think they're going to be, I'm going to be elated with my purchase.

Default Re: New Ascend Customer Here....

Welcome! The HTM-200's are great little speakers. They're my back surrounds, teamed with 170's for side surrounds and 340's up front.

I did some listening to the 200's in a 2 channel setup and they really sound good. What are you using for a sub? In the 2 channel setup, I combined them with a SVS PB12-NSD. They blended perfectly.

Hey JK,
    Welcome aboard. After I unpacked my 200's, my wife said they're anything but little!

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    Welcome! The HTM-200's are great little speakers. They're my back surrounds, teamed with 170's for side surrounds and 340's up front.

I did some listening to the 200's in a 2 channel setup and they really sound good. What are you using for a sub? In the 2 channel setup, I combined them with a SVS PB12-NSD. They blended perfectly.
    Thanks for the welcome! Right now my system is as follows:

(I'm always open to upgrading, so don't snicker too much)

Fronts: (Until I get my Ascends) Klipsch SB-1's (had these for about 7-8 years, finally felt it was time for a change)
    Center: (Also standing in until the Ascends arrive) Klipsch SC.5
    Rears: Orb Audio Mod 1's
    Subwoofer: Klipsch SUB-10
    Receiver: Pioneer VSX-819H

It's just a basic smaller bedroom setup. 8 foot ceilings. 12' by 18' (approximately). Probably used about 75% for Music, 23% for HT and 2% for other (TV, radio, etc.)

Unfortunately, my available space did not permit me to go for anything larger than the 200's. But I figured that my room dimensions, being somewhat modest wouldn't present too big of a challenge for these speakers. We shall see.
    Last edited by JK_112880; 01-07-2010 at 07:30 PM.