Thread: 340 se or Emotiva?

Default 340 se or Emotiva?

Hey everybody, I'm making some changes to my system soon, and wanted some feedback if possible. I decided to finally build a dedicated two channel system in the other room, using the towers that I currently use in the HT system. That means I need to rebuild the HT as well, or at least the front three. I've been running a mismatched system for a couple years now, with the Ascend 340 se for a center channel, mainly due to the fact that the company that makes my towers does not make center channels. I've loved the 340 since day one, and it would be logical to just buy the matching L/R 340's, but I've been wondering about the Emotiva speakers. I own a few of their products and am a big fan of the company, as well as Ascend. So, what do you think about the 340 se L/R to go with my 340 se center vs Emotiva ERM 6.2 L/R and ERM 6.3 center. I know the Emo setup would be a bit more money, but that's not really an issue. Both companies compare very well to the big names in audio(especially the Sierra-1) but do any of you think that the Emotiva setup might sound better than the 340 se's? Have any of you heard both? I'm really racking my brain lately about this. I can't wait to finally have a full matching system again, so I think I'd be happy with either right now. Anyway, I appreciate any help you can provide.

Default Re: 340 se or Emotiva?

Buy the 340's. You already love the center channel so...

For HT use it's a no brainer to me. If you were trying to decide between the two for a music system then I would say you need to compare them side by side. I think you would enjoy both for HT so why not just stay with what you know you already love.
    Once your reputation is ruined you can live quite freely

Default Re: 340 se or Emotiva?

I have the Emo 6.2's LR and 6.3 center and that is a very nice combination. Dialog is really clear and the sound is superb. However, I hear that the 340's are excellent as well so what I would advise is taking advantage of the 30-day trial period and comparing them side by side. Of course you'll wind up paying for freight to return one set or the other (or both maybe) but otherwise you're always going to be wondering if you made the right choice.