Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Parents have Ascends....

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by metalaaron

......can't wait to see it w/ a DLP.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When they get that new TV.....I will be SO jealous. Apparently, a 60" Samsung would fill that space completely from side to side....half inch spill over on the right side, but you would not be able to tell. My Dad has already scoped it out. []

-curtis

I think I recognize the TV they do have. It's a 12 year old 27" Sony that works so well they don't know what to do with it. I have one in the basement on PS2 duty for my little ones.

A 60" Sammy would be a great accessory for that TV stand!

That wall unit sort of looks like mine right now. Giant opening with a small TV in it. Waiting on the new Sammy DLPs that are due to arrive in October/November. I am techno challenged (cant't figure out how to post a photo) so here is a link:

http://www.plummers.com/?page=shop/f...e5e950efc63042

Mine is a medium dark cherry finish, not the maple shown. But it has the glass doors, drawers, etc. just as shown in the photo (you can order without those items for lower cost). I opted for the expandable opening so I can get the 100-inch plasma when they drop to $1000 (in 20 years ...). Total cost for the wall unit was just over a grand, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Curtis,
    Their set-up interests me. I assume they sit about where the photo was taken, so that the left speaker is closer than the right, and along the left side wall?
    I hadn't thought of doing such a thing (putting the center channel left of the TV). Does this arrangement (if my "read" is correct) sound ok?
    Thanks,

Pegleg

The picture was taken by Dad...and he was off to the side. The "seats" are actually between the left and right speakers. The center channel will actually sit on top of the TV.

-curtis

When they get their DLP, how will they mount the center channel on the TV? The DLP sets don't have much real estate on the top. Or will it be on the shelf near the top?

The glass shelf sitting in the big opening is adjustable. The thought is to adjust that shelp to be ontop of the TV, and the center on the shelf. If it does not rest on the TV, the probably some wood for reinforcement with the center on it.

-curtis

Curtis,

Your folk's setup looks awesome. I can't wait for my kid to get a bit older so we can finally put away all those toys and redo our setup...

Send your parents my best...

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My kids are 7 and 5....toys can still be found in the livingroom. The great thing is they have always been very good about not messing around with the equipment. I do worry about the front firing VTF-3, their little knees have come close to going through the driver a couple of times while hanging around it.

-curtis

David,

If you want a really popular product for people like us, introduce a line of speakers that sound like Ascends, but are kid-proof. Mine are mostly past that stage now - mostly - but not to worry would be great. I can dream, anyway.