Thread: A little help from the pros PLEASE!

Default A little help from the pros PLEASE!

I have been reading about crossing over the sierras with a subwoofer on the forum and i am just a little confused. Right now i have a pair of sierras, a Polk PSW10 and an onkyo reciever at 110wpc. The sub crossover is set at 60hz, and i have the sierras at 80hz. I know that i read that Dave reccomends the sierras crossed over at 60hz so i was just wondering if i have it right. Also i have the reciever set to small in the front and double bass on. I just stepped foot into the audio world a month ago so i am just trying to learn as much as i can. Again another thanks to Dave and Curtis for making something that i enjoy the most more enjoyable.

Default Re: A little help from the pros PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by tdercole View Post
    I have been reading about crossing over the sierras with a subwoofer on the forum and i am just a little confused. Right now i have a pair of sierras, a Polk PSW10 and an onkyo reciever at 110wpc. The sub crossover is set at 60hz, and i have the sierras at 80hz. I know that i read that Dave reccomends the sierras crossed over at 60hz so i was just wondering if i have it right. Also i have the reciever set to small in the front and double bass on. I just stepped foot into the audio world a month ago so i am just trying to learn as much as i can. Again another thanks to Dave and Curtis for making something that i enjoy the most more enjoyable.
    On your reciever, set the x-over to 60hz and the sub on max(200hz). Let the receiver do the x-over. From the looks of it, your sub might not make a difference in sound. The lowest it will go is 35hz. The Sierra's can do that on their own.

I would also be willing to bet that the bass on the Sierras alone would have better sound quality.

Set it up like Hksvr4 suggests and see how you like it.
    -curtis

Also you might want to turn the double bass off.