My DS15 SE arrived today and initial setup was a breeze.

I used the following settings on the back of the sub and ran Audyssey MultEQ through the first mic position to see how high or low it was setting the sub.

1. Low pass: EXT/12db (not 80hz / 24)
2. PEQ off at first. With it off, none of the knobs in that white box will have any affect.
3. Delay / phase at 0.
4. Crossover at the maximum to start
5. Level, start at 12 o'clock to begin
6. Extension 14hz to start.
7. Damping on HIGH to start.
8. Rumble filter on OFF to start.

Audyssey set the sub channel at +9 dB. I turned the D15 SE's level knob to the 2 o'clock position, re-ran Audyssey and ended up with a sub channel setting of + 0.5 dB -- almost spot on.

I tried the sub in the front right corner of my 23' x 16' room but felt like I was getting too much room gain. Besides, I'm in the market for room treatments and all the vendors I've talked to have recommended a bass trap in that corner.

For now, I've got the D15 between my television and left front speaker. I'll spend at least an evening with it in that location before moving it.

I'm curious about the PEQ controls but don't want to start messing without further guidance. Any recommendations out there?

So far, only two issues with this sub and current setup.

Movie explosions sound great but I'm not getting that deep in the chest impact I was expecting at higher volumes. Can PEQ help?

Standing behind my sofa -- my main seating position -- I noticed a definite lack of bass output.

All the room treatment folks I've talked to recommend bass traps back there. But that seems counterintuitive to me given that there's not much bass happening back there. Maybe this is what folks mean by a null.

Same question as above -- is there anything the D15 SE's PEQ features can do to help?