Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ascend 340 help

340's on their stands look just like towers

picasso_04901@yahoo.com

metalaaron....welcome to the forum.

Where are you located? Maybe you get a listening session with some Ascends and your Axioms so can compare on your own.

Here is a thread with a good shot of the CMT-340's on their custom stands:
    http://www.ascendforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72

-curtis

chattanooga tn

Welcome to the forum Metalaaron,

I never had the Axioms in my own home, but I did do some A/B testing of a 340 front setup vs. a M22 and VP150 one at a local owners home. Here are my thoughts from that session posted over at the Axiom board:
    http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/sho...=&view=&sb=&o=

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by metalaaron

chattanooga tn
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you want to come to Kennesaw, GA (about two hours from Chattanooga, north of ATL on I-75), you can see and hear mine.

thank you for the offer.

i just ordered a 340 center channel and i'm anxious to see how it does.

it will interesting to know your thoughts on the 340c compared to the VP-150.

Would be cool for you and Loraan to compare the M60 and CMT-340l/r side by side too.

-curtis

i've got a 340 center on the way []

metalaaron,

Any update on the 340c? Interested in your view, thanks.

my time comparing the two was short. some things came up, but such is life.
    however, i agree with a lot of your input on the axiom forums. the vp150 does shine on well recorded material, but there are a lot of discs out there that are not recorded too well. so, the axiom is unforgiving w/ recordings that aren't so great. some people might not like that aspect of them.
    ie. i found my led zeppelin albums to be harsh on the axiom but not on the ascend. at the same rate i found dave matthews to shine on the axioms. it seemed just right.
    overall, i thought the cmt340 had more depth than the vp150. the vp150 was up front, but didn't have as much dimension as the cmt340.
    the tough thing is that speakers become so subjective. i may like A while he/she may like B. i might like new balance shoes and he/she might like adidas. whatever makes you happy. i wouldn't say one is better than the other. you won't know until the shoe fits.
    all-in-all both companies make a fine product WELL WORTHY of the price you pay.

i've tried a few online direct companies. axiom and ascend were the most pleasant to deal with. thumbs up to both of them.