Thread: NAD

frank...you are not thinking of changing are you? NAD makes good stuff. I have heard one of their 150wpc integrated amps with my CMT-340's...sounded great.

-curtis

Frank,

I have an NAD T752 AVR, this is last years model now, but I really like the sound from it for both music and movies. The NAD AVR's don't have as many features and DSP's as some of the others like Denon, H/K, etc, but like H/K, their power specs are given for all channels driven. I think all of their AVR's but the 742/743 are able to drive 4 ohm loads.

Some of the cons would be that there have been some QC issues in the past, some complaints of hiss and hum as well. Also there is a digital delay on some music discs, this is also present on some H/K and Marantz models as well.

Try to demo one if you can, I really like the combo with the Ascends.

curtis yes I'm thinking in getting rid or my pioneer elite vsx-45tx it's to damm hard for me to control all the fuctions the manual is only 130 pages or so! does anyone know what kind of money I could sell this for it's less than 2 years old!

What functions? With the bells and whistles I see on a lot of receivers, my HK included, I vision them as set and forget.

Once I had things dialed in on mine, and knew which modes I like, I really do not mess with anything any more.

-curtis

yes curtis all the bells and whistles and the kitchen sink

frank,

Are these feature you just can not set and forget? Or do you always have to mess with them?

-curtis

yes once I set them I don't have to mess with them I was wondering if it would be better to buy a spl meter or just listen by ear?

Setting the speaker level with the SPL meter is easy. I understand the Pioneer does a pretty good job of it.

One thing that the Pioneer does that is a great feature is the auto EQ'ing....that is supposed to be really nice.

-curtis