Thread: HTM-200s + BT-33 + Drywall = CRAZY DELICIOUS

Default HTM-200s + BT-33 + Drywall = CRAZY DELICIOUS

Title says it all. I put my HTM-200s on the wall, using BTech BT-33 wall mounts and the beefiest drywall anchors Home Depot sells. Solid as a rock.

First of all, David F. was right when he said the BT-33s are good design. They hold the HTM-200s without any drama. You just use the provided allen wrench.

Second, normal drywall holds these up. I used the biggest anchors Home Depot sells, but they are probably overkill. This is great, because I was able to put the speakers in exactly the right places without worrying about hitting the wall studs. Took me about 5 minutes to put up each speaker. A big plus for the HTM-200s, in my opinion.

I was cranking some music last night at ear bleeding volumes just to test things out, and I gotta say, these little things plus a subwoofer sound great! I've listened to a lot of nice speakers, and whatever they may give up to the 170s and 340s is made up for in convenience for me.

It looks like they swivel left and right but not up and down. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Trench
    It looks like they swivel left and right but not up and down. Is this correct?
    No, the BT-33s are a ball joint. They swivel up and down, left and right, everything. I've heard all these stories of mounts you have to crank down and they still sag.... these don't have that problem.... they rawk. I was comparing them to the Omnimounts sold at Radioshack (the small ones, not the ones Ascend sells) and the B-techs are just such a better design. They say they are only rated for 8lbs, but they hold the 9lb HTM-200s on the drywall like it was nothing.
    It's so nice to have something that's made well. First, the HTM-200s, which are just so well made, so solid, such incredible sound. Then the B-tech BT-33s, which hold them with no drama.... my home theater sounds and looks better than an actual real movie theater..... I'm off to watch Sin City!

B-TECH mounts are the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gov
    B-TECH mounts are the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True dat.

I also used their flat wall mount for a 40" LCD set and was very impressed. Only $100 and included every type of screw and fastener made. Good stuff.

Seeing that the htm-200's have 2 mounting holes and the BT33 mounts only have one. How are you guys mounting them to the speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinje
    Seeing that the htm-200's have 2 mounting holes and the BT33 mounts only have one. How are you guys mounting them to the speaker?
    One reason why people really like B-Tech stuff is they include every fastener and adapter plate known to man. The BT33s include a slick little adapter plate for the two htm-200 mounting holes. Works great.

An update: I just tested the "90-lb" drywall anchors I'm using from Home Depot by hanging 30+ pounds from the BT33 mounts. They didn't even flinch. (I'm not saying the BT33 mounts can hold 30lb speakers, just that the 90-lb drywall anchors can hold that much, at least) This gives me confidence to try the BT77 wall mounts with CMT-340s. If it works, (and I don't see why not) it would be a good solution for those of us who want wall mounted speakers, but need something bigger than the HTM-200s for our mains.

Ah, the things we do to make the perfect home theater! It's an addiction! Does it ever end?

Thanks for the thread, I've had my Accends for about 18 months and have yet to mount the 200s where they need to be. I have the 340s across the front and a VTF3 MKII for sub duty. I just ordered the bt 33 online about 5 minutes ago.

-john

Default Re: HTM-200s + BT-33 + Drywall = CRAZY DELICIOUS

Well it's been a long time coming but I just hung my speakers today. The TV room has has a major upgrade, lights, cabling (in wall) and paint. I went searching for a post about the BT 33 and the weight limits since the 200 SE look to be about 1 pound heavier than the classics that I have.
    It's nice to have older posts that are searchable.

Thanks again for the info.
    -john

Default Re: HTM-200s + BT-33 + Drywall = CRAZY DELICIOUS

Oh I figured I better add this tidbit of info. My BT33 mounts tore up the wall when I tried to slide the mount down over the plate that was mounted to the wall. I solved the problem by putting small fender washers between the wall and the mount. When I tightened the mount down snug it compresses the wall board slightly but leaves a small gap so the mount can slide freely.

my 2 cents.
    -john