Thread: AV123 thoughts/opinions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: AV123 thoughts/opinions?

I have had so many people ask me about this -- perhaps it is time to get it of my chest although I know I have just opened up a huge can of warms. Thankfully, our forum is small enough that no one will pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    Why PM?
    Probably because one of those raffles was for my father. The actual donation was far short from what was collected/promised, even if retail costs for the items being raffled were deducted from the collected funds. This is a very sensitive issue for me as I had both friends and family participate in that raffle and I estimate that 50-60% of the donations went into someone's pocket.

It is important to understand that the raffle in question was not my idea, it was volunteered and announced publicly even before I approved of it. Once I read what was written and the "support" it provided for both me, my family, and more importantly to my then dying father -- I gave it my full approval and backing. I feel terrible about this and it eats me up inside. How do I tell my sister (and others) that the majority of their donation went into someone's wallet?

Could I make a big deal about it? YES. Will I? NO.

My last correspondance about this was "Let me look into it and I will get back to you". That was a very long time ago and it will be my last ever correspondance with this person until this person makes it right, and the opportunity to right the wrong is open and will remain open.

There -- it is out. Please understand how sensitive an issue this is for me and it will kill me to see this discussed in such public places as AVS or other forums. I am asking you to please keep it to yourselves -- I need to try and forget about it. Maybe getting it off my chest will help.

thank you.
    Last edited by davef; 06-12-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com