Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-1 stock status with a surprise...

Exclamation Sierra-1 stock status with a surprise...

First off I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding.

Obviously, we have experienced some production delays and our initial and even secondary production estimates were wrong. The new premium finishes proved to be a bit more involved than originally anticipated -- no surprise there I suppose

Our cabinet vendor has assured us that the complete order (about 1000 Sierra-1 cabinets!) will ship to us next week. Transit time is typically 10-11 days with customs clearance and delivery to our facility adding another 2-4 business days.

Based on this info, we expect to resume Sierra-1 production and shipping (all finishes) the week of June 22 (possibly sooner) Regrettably, this still puts us at about 3 weeks out but please believe me when I say that I have tried every means possible to speed this up, aside from air-shipping which would be absurdly expensive and would realistically only save us about 1 week.

I know for some of you this comes as bad news and might not fit into your plans... all I can offer is my sincerest apology and humble thanks for being so patient with us.

And now for some good news... Somewhat of a last minute addition to the premium finishes.

Based on popular request, we have also added a much lighter cherry finish. See attached picture. This is the best picture I have at this point as I don't have the prototype cabinet on hand but I do have the original sample panels of which the dye color is based. It is many shades lighter than the current cherry offering and it nicely complements the other finishes.

We will be calling this our "Medium Gloss Cherry" and the previous offering (darker with more browns) will now be called "Natural Gloss Cherry". I am definitely open to suggestions with regard to naming the two finishes (hint hint)

We now have (3) premium finishes to choose from as well as our standard natural finish and piano black

One important note, our pre-pay special with corresponding discounts will end once the cabinets are on their way to us (sometime next week).

I hope this update comes as good news to most of you – we are almost there!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Sierra-1 stock status with a surprise...

the new cherry color is very pretty in that picture... not that i want to, but would those who pre-paid for the premium finish in cherry have the option of switching to the lighter color?

well, i suppose i'm happy that there appears to be at least somewhat of a set date now... so that part is certainly good news...

and i suppose that i'll get over my (slight, but still there) irritation over prepaying for something that was advertised as "4-5 weeks out" that has turned out to be well over double that timeframe. i fully understand the "why" behind this, and i understand that it's not your fault, and that mitigates my irritation somewhat.

actually, i'm more irritated that i sold my old ones so fast...

now you can get to work on those .5's...

thanks as always for the honest answer dave.

The next month is going to be sooooo long

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    the new cherry color is very pretty in that picture... not that i want to, but would those who pre-paid for the premium finish in cherry have the option of switching to the lighter color?
    Yes -- of course

well, i suppose i'm happy that there appears to be at least somewhat of a set date now... so that part is certainly good news...

and i suppose that i'll get over my (slight, but still there) irritation over prepaying for something that was advertised as "4-5 weeks out" that has turned out to be well over double that timeframe. i fully understand the "why" behind this, and i understand that it's not your fault, and that mitigates my irritation somewhat.

actually, i'm more irritated that i sold my old ones so fast...
    Believe me, no one is more irritated or feels worse about this than I Combine these delays with our office move and, well... let me just say that I have a bottle of Patron Silver on my desk

thanks as always for the honest answer dave.
    You are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post
    The next month is going to be sooooo long
    Haven't quite figured out how to speed up time yet -- although a few double-shots of Patron have proven somewhat effective
    Last edited by davef; 05-27-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    ... let me just say that I have a bottle of Patron Silver on my desk
    well, it's good to know that you are keeping yourself well medicated in these stressful times....

Ok Dave I've got to know, did the cabinets actually ship this week as expected?

Thanks!

Lightbulb Re: Sierra-1 stock status with a surprise...

Hi all

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We will be calling this our "Medium Gloss Cherry" and the previous offering (darker with more browns) will now be called "Natural Gloss Cherry". I am definitely open to suggestions with regard to naming the two finishes (hint hint)
    Dave, how about "Light Cherry" and "Dark Cherry"?

Quote Originally Posted by BillC View Post

Thanks!
    +1... inquiring minds want to know...

Does the new finish come with someone's face embossed in the side panel?

Sorry for being so out of touch these past few days. I had a family emergency that required me to be out of town for a while. -- sadly, my family had yet another loss. My grandmother left us (my dad's mom). She was 93 and in amazing health nearly her entire life. The loss of her son was too much for her though and she lost the will to live. Been a trying year for my family to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by BillC View Post
    I am trying to get final confirmation from our freight forwarder but I do believe the complete shipment is on the way to the port. I should have the formal schedule soon -- I am hoping we can catch a "fast boat".
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com