Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Opinions on NetFlix?

Mag Neato

Shaker Heights '72-78(no not that part of Shaker). Oh the good old days of the mistake on the lake, the Rapid .25, bleacher seat $1. Can't imagine letting an elementary school kid doing that these days. Haven't been back to Cleveland once.

[]

Cleveland Hts. High - class of '82! Yeah, the days of cheap seats are gone. The Rapid will take you to the gateway complex(Tower city), which would be cheaper than driving(gas,parking). You'd park at Van-Aken or Shaker Square for free and hop the transit! Browns stadium is worse....you have to purchase a seat license in order to purchase season tickets. I usually only go to games if someone has free tickets!!

MAG

Shaker Square. Wow what a flashback. I lived two blocks off Van-Aken about fours blocks up from Shaker Square. I'm two years younger than you. My brother Mike Quinn was your year.

Ya see....we even get reunions here! []

-curtis

yep it's worth it. now, i have 2 different accts with netflix (2 diff e-mail accts). once i cancel my subscription with 1 acct, i can almost guarantee in abt 3 wks or so, an-email will be sent to the other acct giving me $10 off the 1st month with no contracts so i'll sign up for that one and cancel after a month, and the process keeps on repeating. where i used to live there was a store that rents new movies for $1.50, so if i rent 7 that's already breaking even, don't have to drive to the store, et al. target,wal-mart,BB even eBay are pretty good places to buy dvds. try also www.dvdpricesearch.com

Wow this sounds great. I hate blockbuster, but for a different reason; those damn rewards cards. I dont rent enough to make the card worth it, so what happened was i just chose not to renew it.

Well, every single time i go to rent a movie now at blockbuster, the same thing happens: They pull up my account, and then they go "hmmm, i see your rewards card expired recently (it was 5 f&^%'in months ago!!!), would you like to renew it". Me - "No thanks (already brewing cause this is the 50th time they've asked me)" Them - "Are you sure, you get one free movie a month if you rent 5, and free this and that, yada yada". OMG, at some point, i lost the ability to emotionally handle that every damn time, so i eventually paid them the damn 10 dollars for the card just so they'd shut the hell up. Then i got pissed i let them bully me like that, and i've never sinced returned.

Can you tell i'm bitter about it??

Anyway, i'll have to try this netflix. I've just been relying on my DTV and HD movies atm.

I'll never understand buying movies, personally. Its a damn good movie that I can watch twice, and a truly rare gem that i can watch 3 times or more. More movies come out than I can possibly see, so given a choice, i'd much prefer to see a new movie, than to watch another one for the 3rd-4th time. On top of that, I hate having to allocate space for a truckload of movie cases.

I take it you don't have kids.

I have an 8-month old, but even if he were older, I could remind him at any point that DTV is available 24/7, and he best not being watching the tube that much anyway. Ok sure, I do have maybe a couple kiddy cd's my wife bought, but i thought were talking us adults buying movies on a routine basis for ourselves (as opposed to renting). That i'll never do.