Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Opinions on NetFlix?

Richie is right about Deepdiscountdvd. The only issue with DDD is the speed of the free shipping. However, if you're willing to wait a few extra days DDD's price is almost always the lowest available. Also try www.deepdiscountcd.com for low prices on cds!

Just got my first 3 DVDs from Netflix... I guess now the only problem is trying to find the time to enjoy them.

I will say that was quite an easy transaction and the clever packaging seems like it will make sending them back a cinch.

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've had good luck bidding on Ebay. They have all been great transatioin for as little as 4 dollars for DVD's like "Meet the Parents" and "The Gladiator".

JH

I find the CHEAPEST way to purchase DVD's is to purchase them the week they come out at either Best Buy or Circuit City. They usually charge @ $15.00 for new releases. You figure it costs @ $4.00 to rent so your really only spending around $11.00 for a new release with no damage like buying used weeks later for the same price. At least thats how I explain it to my wife.

I explain it that according to Edmunds.com TruCost calculator it costs 50 cents a mile to operate my vehicle. So, I drive by Target daily but Blockbuster is 5 miles away. 5 miles there and back is $5, rental $4, late fee $4, return trip $5. That means the true cost of my $4 rental is $18 or $3 more than its cost to buy it at Target.

Same thing for justifying HT expenses by comparing to going to the movies. 20 miles to the theater $20, parking $5(more if we're running late and valet), tickets $17, concessions $20, babysitter $20. Seeing that movie cost $80-85. So, I then argue that that nice new DVD player or a pair of 170s pay for themselves after three or four movies. [][]

Dumb question, but what the heck: What movie theatre do you go to that has pay-to-park?

MAG

Well...Quinn is in Texas....but in L.A. we have more than a few movie theaters that have pay parking.

The cost of going out to see a movie vs. renting/buying a DVD is becoming a bit much. I enjoy getting to the movie theater, and the atmostphere, but I have been getting more and more critical of the sound systems.

-curtis

I'm in Houston; anything downtown, The Medical Center, and a few other places you going to have to pay to park. When the land is worth millions they put up garages and charging parking. Five bucks to park is cheap in this town.

Okay - okay....ya got me with the downtown thing. Same here in Cleveland, though not too many movie houses other than Tower City(Terminal tower complex). I usually hit one of two local Cinemarks, each with plenty of free parking.

MAG

Oh, by the way.....just spent $10 Sunday to park for the Indians vs. Tigers game at Jacobs Field. 3rd row between 3rd base and home - we won 9-7!

MAG