Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Opinions on NetFlix?

Dave.....YES.

I have been using Netflix for about two years. I think it is great. The more popular DVD are sometimes more difficult to get though. There are different distribution centers around the country, for us, the distribution center is in Santa Ana.

Recently, I found out that what might be tough to get in one part of the country, is easier somewhere else. I have written them a note about redistributing DVDs to where there is more need.

If anybody wants a free month...I will send them one.

I do not purchase many DVD movies, but when I do, it is usually from Target.

-curtis

I find Wal-Mart to have good prices as well(just purchased U-571 for less than $9!).

I have a friend who uses Net-Flix and loves it. You can have as many as 3 movies out simultaneously, no late fees either.

MAG

i don't use netflix but several coworkers and family members do and they all seem very happy with it. i'm in arizona and the turnaround time seems to average at 2 days.

i have used dvdovernight a few times and been happy. while the selection is not as big as netflix, there are no monthly fees, with the only stipulation being you must rent 2 or more dvd's at a time.

as far as purchases, online vendors i like are amazon & deepdiscountdvd.com. if your not opposed to purchasing used, hollywood video and blockbuster usually have a pretty good variety and often run specials (buy 2 get one free, etc). for local release day purchases, my local wal-mart usually beats the best buys and circuit citys by a buck or so through the first weekend and almost always beat the online vendors once shipping is added in.

Dave,

A little money saving suggestion:

Start the netflix free two week trial through their site. Near the end of your trial period "attempt" to cancel from the website. 9/10 times they will ask you "if you are sure" and will offer you 6 months @ $14.99/mo. If by any chance you do not get the offer and the website closes your account simply call up and tell a CSR that you were offered the discount but clicked the wrong button or some other excuse.

Please see this thread on fatwallet.com for any questions:

http://fatwallet.com/forums/messagev...yword1=netflix

Dustin

Thanks for the great tips on netflix! I am tired of paying late fees at Blockbuster for movies that I sometimes do not even get a chance to watch..

I spent close to an hour last night picking movies to add to my queue.. I should have the first 3 in 2-days.

Thanks again!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Let us know your thoughts after a couple of weeks. I'm not yet a member, but as a careful spender that's still in college, I'd like to know if it's worth it. I mostly buy though....

A careful spender doesn't buy dvds.

well................... we all have priorities []

Dave, get netflix, it really is a fantastic service. The movies arrive very quickly, you always have 3 movies at your house, and the best part is no late fees. If you watch alot of movies, it's very cheap on a per movie basis.

If you're wanting to purchase DVD's, go to www.deepdiscountdvd.com
    its amazing especially with older movies. ive found dvds on there that are cheaper than the same dvds USED on ebay, pluse you get FREE shipping. check it out