Thread: Any good recommendations for Blu Ray?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Any good recommendations for Blu Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
    Finally got the BDP-3600. Wow.
    I find it rare these days that a product fully meets my expectations, but the BDP-3600 has succeeded (at least thus far). Highly recommended

I am actually quite surprised at the video quality of NetFlix streaming, MUCH better than one would expect.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Net flix streaming is pretty good, tough some movies seem to have a loss of detail in faces and odd coloration due to the compression.

Actually surprised with DVD upconversion. I was assuming it would be poor, but surprised to find it does a very good job (compared to my Oppo DVD)...

I was able to purchase an Oppo Digital BDP-83 in early May. While this unit does not do Netflix streaming video and is more expensive than the Samsung 3600, the Blu-Ray and upconversion capabilities are very impressive. You can certainly tell the difference between the two formats, but the upconversion is many times better than watching a standard DVD on a 52" TV. There is no graininess, lack of detail, or artifacts in the upconverted 1080p video. Since my wife and I have a modest collection of standard DVDs we are not planning to replace, the unconversion performance was important to us. The BDP-83 has not been a disappointment in any respect.

Bill