Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMT 340SE /CBM 170SE 7.1 review

Default Re: CMT 340SE /CBM 170SE 7.1 review

Quote Originally Posted by get_zwole View Post
    so you get the NEW movies as well not just the ones they say you can stream on your computer? So you basically dont have to wait for them to come in the mail or am i off base here?
    Only certain movies are available for streaming. For example, about 1/4 of the movies in my queue are available for streaming.

I just purchased the new Samsung BD-P3600 which offers Netflix streaming and Pandora ( Listening to some Melody Gardot streaming from Pandora to my laptop right now -- great service)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

oh ok thats kinda what i figured but not what i hoped lol. thanks for the help. Ill stick to my ps3.

oh ok thats kinda what i figured but not what i hoped lol. thanks for the help. Ill stick to my ps3.
    I would say that once I figured out how to stream music from our home PCs and NAS to our PS3 -- the PS3 has become my family's most valued piece of consumer electronics. The value that it offers combined with the quality and performance is truly remarkable.

Only reason we did not purchase another PS3 instead of the Samsung BD is because this is going into our master bedroom and, well, my wife doesn't exactly appreciate me playing video games when she is trying to sleep
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would say that once I figured out how to stream music from our home PCs and NAS to our PS3 -- the PS3 has become my family's most valued piece of consumer electronics. The value that it offers combined with the quality and performance is truly remarkable.

Only reason we did not purchase another PS3 instead of the Samsung BD is because this is going into our master bedroom and, well, my wife doesn't exactly appreciate me playing video games when she is trying to sleep
    haha i can see why that would be an issue lol. How did you get your media streaming? i still cant figure it out did you hook your computer up directly or what?

haha i can see why that would be an issue lol. How did you get your media streaming? i still cant figure it out did you hook your computer up directly or what?
    The Samsung BD player is hooked up directly to the net, and movies are streamed to it.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The Samsung BD player is hooked up directly to the net, and movies are streamed to it.
    i was talking about from his ps3. I can get winamp to connect to it but my music doesnt show up for some reason.

i was talking about from his ps3. I can get winamp to connect to it but my music doesnt show up for some reason.
    I am certainly no expert on streaming to a PS3. I know that windows media player should be up and running and that the PS3 is very picky with regard to folder structure and where files are placed etc. I used various online resources found through Google.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

ok thanks man ill just have to work with it till i can get it. sorry to go OT in your thread OP.