Hello,

I have been reading threads in the various HT forums searching for a good sub to go with my modest system. My setup is not that big (see layout below), so I was looking for a small footprint sub that could reach lower than my powered towers. (rated ~ to the mid 20s)

With my first go at it, I bought an svs pc12+. It was nice, but big, and it went very low. However, I was unable to blend it in with my system. The svs would rumble down low but I could not get it to help in the mid leaving a big freq gap in between my towers and the sub. I ended up sending it back. Maybe if I knew then, what I kind of know now, then maybe I could have blended the svs better. But, as it is, I am now looking for something different.

What I am looking for now is something more musical and much tighter than the svs was. Then I read about these rythmik subs and based on positive user comments, the nice finish and the smaller size, I am taking a strong look at these subs. However, after my last experience, I am reluctant to buy a sub w/o hearing it. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction before I buy ID again.

My budget is pretty flexible and I would get the piano gloss finish. I could possibly get one f12, two f12s, or one d15. Two d15s would be too huge for my setup. I calculated the room size at ~3800 square feet but it is not a dedicated room as you can see. (See below) I am a 60HT:40music guy.

How would you choose between the different setups. Will two f12s get as low as one d15. Will it be easier or harder to blend two f12s versus just one. Will one f12 be enough for moderate listening levels? Do I need to get an SPL meter before deciding? Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for listening.