Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public thanks to Rythmik and Ascend :)

Default Re: Public thanks to Rythmik and Ascend :)

Haha! I wonder if there is something to this - people attracted to the same sorts of products across different categories of goods. Makes some sense if you figure we're all attracted to say, Ascend for several similar reasons. Very cool. My Tacoma is a '99 - love it, but she's getting old. Had to keep her though; definitely needed for the snow. The G37 stays in the garage whenever the road is wet, much less salty and covered in inches of ice/snow

Curtis - nice job on planning ahead, lol. I like it! Too funny. With that line of thinking I'm surprised you didn't go used Ford Festiva! Then put the Rythmik in it! HA!

MerryMaid- I drove the IS350 as well; I was a big fan of that car too - they just couldn't offer a stick with the V6. But, the airconditioned seats were AMAZING. Oh boy I'd kill to have those in my G. And yeah, the duals are pretty insane...I've never actually felt sonic pressure on my ear drums while playing xbox before!

Mz- Oh man, a minivan to the G? Yikes! That had to be change. Are you on any good G forums btw? I'm signed up for a few, like myG37.com, but there are way too many kids who's parents have too much money on there... so I just lurk and browse once a month or so. +1 on the car audio thoughts...the **** in the car is...passable...but whenever I think about it, it makes my ears sad.

PS: Merrymaid - I have MM's service at my house btw If you guys want to laugh at me...I don't even own a vacuum cleaner!
    Jon O.

I drive a 1995 Honda Civic that has 220K miles and no clearcoat left so I can afford to buy Ascends. Does that count?

edit............duh, Omaha as stated in your file

Omaha was the home of Merry Maids(where it began) Funny, this weekend I hung out with the Founder and his twin brother of Merry Maids.....we have known each other for years, great family!

Jonny,

Small world. Chances are I probably know the owner of your local Merry Maids office, if you dont mind, what city are you in by chance?

Later,

Brandon

any ascend MINI drivers? i have a 6-speed clubman that is really fun, though not even quick like a G37.

Talking Re: Public thanks to Rythmik and Ascend

I looked at the G37S and the IS350. Liked them both! I decided to go with an 08' Corvette which I am totally in love with. Of course, I bought it in Piano Black to match my Sierra's!

Default Re: Public thanks to Rythmik and Ascend

Well, after getting a car with such great handling and driving dynamics, it is less fun to drive them on Freeway (with a constant speed) than a winding road that we can test full dynamics of the car. I just bought a 335i with sports package for my wife so that I can get a chance to drive it once in a while. She loves the dynamics of the car too. I calculate it costs about 40 to 50 cents per mile with gas and depreciation. I hate to burn that on the Freeway It is analogous to "let us enjoy the music, not the sine test tone signals".

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    edit............duh, Omaha as stated in your file

Omaha was the home of Merry Maids(where it began) Funny, this weekend I hung out with the Founder and his twin brother of Merry Maids.....we have known each other for years, great family!

Jonny,

Small world. Chances are I probably know the owner of your local Merry Maids office, if you dont mind, what city are you in by chance?

Later,

Brandon
    Brandon, that's pretty cool! Sent you a PM
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by ebh View Post
    any ascend MINI drivers? i have a 6-speed clubman that is really fun, though not even quick like a G37.
    I haven't driven a MINI yet, but I saw some tearing up the corners at a track not too far from here and was nothing but impressed. Those little cars can hustle!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I looked at the G37S and the IS350. Liked them both! I decided to go with an 08' Corvette which I am totally in love with. Of course, I bought it in Piano Black to match my Sierra's!
    Oh heck yeah - I love the C6 Vette! There's nothing like the sound of that V8. Mmmm. Black huh? It's definitely the best looking color on the road, when it's clean, hehe (my first vehicle out of college was black). Are you much into detailing? Check out www.autopia.org - it's a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    Well, after getting a car with such great handling and driving dynamics, it is less fun to drive them on Freeway (with a constant speed) than a winding road that we can test full dynamics of the car. I just bought a 335i with sports package for my wife so that I can get a chance to drive it once in a while. She loves the dynamics of the car too. I calculate it costs about 40 to 50 cents per mile with gas and depreciation. I hate to burn that on the Freeway It is analogous to "let us enjoy the music, not the sine test tone signals".
    Ahhh yes, I am also a fan of the 335i (scary thing for an Infiniti owner to say, right?). I am still amazed that they are able to get that much power down low out of that engine...I mean, 300 ft lbs of torque at 1500 RPM...oh it's so intoxicating! I almost bought a 135i, but couldn't find one in the price range I was looking

Have you thought about taking your car to a road-course track after you get it broken in? Sounds like something you might enjoy I'm actually taking
    mine to a track-driver's course later this month.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Have you thought about taking your car to a road-course track after you get it broken in? Sounds like something you might enjoy I'm actually taking
    mine to a track-driver's course later this month.
    I still baby this car. I encourage my wife to drive our old 96 Maxima when it rains. So I will do my track-driver course when I baby the car less. My ex co-worker actually did that with his Integra type-R about 4-5 years ago. He learnt a lot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Oh heck yeah - I love the C6 Vette! There's nothing like the sound of that V8. Mmmm. Black huh? It's definitely the best looking color on the road, when it's clean, hehe (my first vehicle out of college was black). Are you much into detailing? Check out www.autopia.org - it's a great resource.
    LOL Its my daily driver so detailing is constant with black! I am an expert with a dustbuster and detailing spray. Thanks for the great link!