Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping the Rythmik 15" from getting away

Default Re: Keeping the Rythmik 15" from getting away

Yes the setting for crossover on the plate amp is at 80-90 hz. Is this my problem? Can you reply also to my previous comments, thanks Curtis. I feel like Dave is extremely busy and I hate to interupt him with my tech.. questions. Im hopeing that this is just a setup issue. I will run Auddssey again with youre reccomendations, I am listing my house today so I will get back to the forum in a little while.

Default Audyssey setup

I am not familiar with Onkyo receivers. I do have a couple of questions:
    1) Is it possible to set the level of each channel manually, instead of using Audyssey?
    2) Since there is a microphone being used, can one display the frequency response on the screen?
    3) Rex told me the Audyssey sets the sub level to -12db which means Audyssey thinks the sub is too hot, am I correct to assume that?

The other way to debug it is using SPL meter with test CD of warble tones.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I would suggest going to hardware store and picking up some carpet grip to put under the sub. It is rubber matting to keep area rugs from slipping. I am assuming you have a F15.
    Sometimes I use those clear square rubber pads (3/4" squares) from hardware store. It is a bit sticky under heavy objects. I do remember one time I notice discoloration on my wood desktop after 1 year. I am not sure if it is because the rubber square, or it is because the reaction between the rubber square and the coating of the desk. Maybe others can chime in too.

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Yes the setting for crossover on the plate amp is at 80-90 hz. Is this my problem? Can you reply also to my previous comments, thanks Curtis. I feel like Dave is extremely busy and I hate to interupt him with my tech.. questions. Im hopeing that this is just a setup issue. I will run Auddssey again with youre reccomendations, I am listing my house today so I will get back to the forum in a little while.
    I am answering what I can...but yes, since you are using the crossover on the receiver, you need to get the crossover on the sub amp out of the way, so turn that to the maximum clockwise.

Before re-running Audessey, I would also set the volume on the sub amp to halfway.

Looks like you have Brian's attention now too.
    -curtis

It seemed to help some....I noticed it change the sub settings from -11.5 hz to -1.5 hz. Auddssey sets the mains to full range and the surrounds to 40hz. I switched back to 80hz on all five Sierra's. But I still wasnt getting the output with the level setting at 12:00 so I turned it clockwise to max, it sounds better but I still dont think it has the output that it should? I still have the setting on the plate amp as indicated 14hz w/high damping. I noticed it states to get more output set at 28hz with damping at low, but you loose bass extension. Maybe I should not compare it to the Klip...12" sub, or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    It seemed to help some....I noticed it change the sub settings from -11.5 hz to -1.5 hz. Auddssey sets the mains to full range and the surrounds to 40hz. I switched back to 80hz on all five Sierra's. But I still wasnt getting the output with the level setting at 12:00 so I turned it clockwise to max, it sounds better but I still dont think it has the output that it should? I still have the setting on the plate amp as indicated 14hz w/high damping. I noticed it states to get more output set at 28hz with damping at low, but you loose bass extension. Maybe I should not compare it to the Klip...12" sub, or should I?
    If Audessey set the speakers to large, you should set them to small.

The sub amp should not be set to max.

Are you using the PEQ?
    -curtis

I have never understood large or small speaker setup. Addsssey sets up in hz only. Auddsey setup was full range, I changed them to 80hz. No I am not using peq......Brian's link to HT recccomended the switch off. I turned the level back to 3:00 now playing Transformer dvd again and it seems to be getting better. Thanks again Curtis for helping me. I feel better now that Im getting some better bass output, the o'l sick feeling is started to depart from me. Ive been building a HT since Christmas..........now my house will probaly sell and I will box everything up and who knows when I will enjoy this system again??????

glad it is getting better.

I am not sure how the Onkyo setup works, so perhaps someone that has one can help you more thoroughly.
    -curtis

From some past reading I've done in the AVS Forum, Audyssey in the Onkyo receivers seems to have a hard time adjusting sub levels. It seems to have a tendency to turn the sub level all the way down, and reports of crossover settings also seem odd. I'd try a manual setup, but not owning a Onkyo receiver, I don't know how to describe doing that. It probably also requires an SPL meter which I happen to own already. I have the F15, and you will definitely notice the difference once the sub level is adjusted properly.

Bill

Hi TMH...can you give me some intial settings that you have dialed in on youre rythmic for ht/audio? Since you own a spl meter once you have set the sub settings what are those settings when you switch from ht to audio? Thanks Iam very new with this termonology and in need for lay terms. Iam a little discouraged that you have to read forums, and ask for help, and reply to emails, to try to work through the in and outs on this sub. I can understand someone who has went through the learning curve, but to the average or new customer it is very overwhelming.I just need someone who owns a Onkyo 706/Serria's, and Ryhtmic 15" sub to give me basic settings for ht/audio. And I can tweak these settings down the road as I learn more, thanks so much for youre replys.