Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping the Rythmik 15" from getting away

Cool Keeping the Rythmik 15" from getting away

I have just had everything hooked up for a couple of days. I still am trying all the sound options. The Sierras are a delight on my ears. I really haven't had a "score" to test the 340s as side and back channels, but when they do fire, they are clean.

I am having one issue though.. That is my Rythmik sub wants to slide across the wood floor; perhaps it wants to escape? This was especially evident when I played Lord of the Rings Twin Towers, the opening scene.. When Gandalf defends his buds against Balrog. WOW! This is awesome! So powerful, yet so crisp. Anyways, it highlighted a flaw in my system layout (the sub is in the middle below the center, equipment shelves (floatibng left and right) and main speakers outside left and right); that flaw is that the sub will actually move (slide) on the wood floor. This is no good.. I can't have it sliding into my equipment, or out the door. I need some way to contain the beast. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve

BTW.. Brian was so right about Kung Fu Panda on Blu-Ray.. A great movie to listen to your system...

Default Re: Keeping the Rythmik 15" from getting away

I would suggest going to hardware store and picking up some carpet grip to put under the sub. It is rubber matting to keep area rugs from slipping. I am assuming you have a F15.
    -curtis

Thanks for the idea.. Actually I have one of those under the living room area rug. Iwill trim a piece and see how that works... It is the D15SE.. And I think that may be why it slides, the glossy finish.
    steve

Can you give me some set up tips on the Rythmic. I have no output. I cannot tell the difference from my Sierras and the Rythmic sub? I have 5 matching Sierra's and a new Rthmic 15" sub. I have used the HT set up guide from Brian, but I still do not have the output?

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Can you give me some set up tips on the Rythmic. I have no output. I cannot tell the difference from my Sierras and the Rythmic sub? I have 5 matching Sierra's and a new Rthmic 15" sub. I have used the HT set up guide from Brian, but I still do not have the output?
    You have no output at all? Can you tell us how it is hooked up and the settings on your receiver/pre-pro?
    -curtis

Yes I have output but it is so small that I cannot tell the difference between the Sierra's and the Rythmic? There is no big punch to dvd scenes that I have experieced with prior smaller subs. Honestly I believe that if I turned off the sub I would never notice any change.

I used Auddssey to calibrate the setup. At first when it test toned the sub it was so quiet that it went through the cycle twice and it never reconized the tone. I beleive Auddssey said too much amberiant noise? The only thing running in the house was the refriderator. Anyway I turned the level dial on sub to max...Auddssey then picked it up, but it was still a small tone.

Hi. I set up mine using audessey the first time (actually twice) as well. And the test tone sent to the sub was very low also (almost indiscernable). When Audessey was done it recommended crossovers of 50 - 60 one time and fullrange the other. I went back and changed those crossovers to THX specs; 80 for everything: center, mains, sides and back surrounds. If you haven't, you may want to check that.

FYI. I have a Onkyo 806 so if you have that one, you get to the speaker settings from the Setup menu.

I hope this helps. I am sure it is a config issue..When you get it right.. you will know.. this sub is spectacular!

steve

Thanks for the reply. I have the Onkyo 706 so we should be the same except for watts per channel. I do have my settings in receiver set to 80 hz for all five Sierra's and the rythmic sub is set at 80 hz also. I set the sub up as Brian suggest in one of the links that someone posted for HT. But I have watched Transformers and Spiderman 3 and there is no difference in bass, the Sierra's and Rythmic sound the same very matched and even. Is this what it suppose to do? Or perhaps no bass is produced low enough for the Rythmic to kick in and give the big punch? I had a Klip.....12" sub and when special effect scenes played this particular sub would almost move furniture, it had a lot of impact. Like a thunderstorm it would sound like lightening hit my house, my dogs would run out the pet door. I would think that the Rythmic would do the same, but have more accurate sound?

Are you saying the actual crossover on the sub amp is set to 80hz? If so, you need to turn that to its highest setting, and re-run Audessy.
    -curtis