Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

I'm using some Sanus stands I bought from FutureShop. They're solid metal and weigh about 25 lbs each, I would guess. I attached the Sierras with blue-tack. They actually hold the speakers on quite nicely. There was no way on earth I was gonna drill holes in my Sierras ;-)

Arrow Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

Hi guys. Thought I would post some updated pics of my set-up. I also want to mention that I have left the paper on my Outlaw LFM-1Pluses just in case I decide to sell them. Figured that would help the re-sale value if I do ever decide to. Lastly, I just bought a new Denon 2808 CI receiver and a Panasonic BD35 BR player. Both are on the top shelf. My Toshiba A-3 is on the bottom shelf. Feel free to offer any comments, tips, praise, and etc. Thanks so much guys!

Cheers,

Phil

PS: I did not realize the files needed to be so small. As such, here a link to my pics for those interested.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=49603
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by soundfreak38 View Post
    Hi guys. Thought I would post some updated pics of my set-up. I also want to mention that I have left the paper on my Outlaw LFM-1Pluses just in case I decide to sell them. Figured that would help the re-sale value if I do ever decide to. Lastly, I just bought a new Denon 2808 CI receiver and a Panasonic BD35 BR player. Both are on the top shelf. My Toshiba A-3 is on the bottom shelf. Feel free to offer any comments, tips, praise, and etc. Thanks so much guys!

Cheers,

Phil

PS: I did not realize the files needed to be so small. As such, here a link to my pics for those interested.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=49603
    nice setup! how do you like the 2808? I have the 1909 and think it's great, i was so very tempted by the lowering prices of the 2808, but could not swing it monetarily.
    I do notice the subs have an option to plug ports, have you tried this in one or both?

from outlaw site--
    "Frequency Response:
    25Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB w/o Port Plug
    18Hz.-180Hz +/-2dB w/ one port plugged "

I also see that they are both behind the couch, is this due to the size of the room? I read on some sites that it's good to keep them adjacently placed in the middle of the walls if you have 2 subs, but the room size might not need all that.

edit: also noticed you plan on redoing cabling, what gauge are you at now?
    I'm sure you've read it but: http://www.audioholics.com/education...er-cable-gauge
    might help out, personally I'm using 14awg for my front speakers, and even that was a bit hard to terminate (especially into the denon) and I'm not so sure it helps much versus a 16awg for such short distances.
    Last edited by scape; 11-21-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: cable gauge

Nice set-up Phil!

How do you like the BD35?

Thumbs up Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    nice setup! how do you like the 2808? I have the 1909 and think it's great, i was so very tempted by the lowering prices of the 2808, but could not swing it monetarily.
    I do notice the subs have an option to plug ports, have you tried this in one or both?

from outlaw site--
    "Frequency Response:
    25Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB w/o Port Plug
    18Hz.-180Hz +/-2dB w/ one port plugged "

I also see that they are both behind the couch, is this due to the size of the room? I read on some sites that it's good to keep them adjacently placed in the middle of the walls if you have 2 subs, but the room size might not need all that.

edit: also noticed you plan on redoing cabling, what gauge are you at now?
    I'm sure you've read it but: http://www.audioholics.com/education...er-cable-gauge
    might help out, personally I'm using 14awg for my front speakers, and even that was a bit hard to terminate (especially into the denon) and I'm not so sure it helps much versus a 16awg for such short distances.
    Hi there and thanks for your kind words. So far, I really like my 2808 CI. It is a bit more challenging to set-up, but nevertheless a great piece of gear. BTW, you NEVER run the Pluses with both ports plugged. I run mine with no ports plugged for "MAX OUTPUT" mode. Extension is into the low 20's with bass that is very articulate, punchy, and tight. This is exactly how I prefer it to be. I will never use it in "MAX EXTENSION" mode meaning only ONE port plugged.

My Pluses are located directly behind my love-seat. As I am sure you can tell, the room is oblong shaped and not very big. The bass sounds as though it is coming from my front-stage for the most part. This is the kind of effect I prefer. At times, as with explosions I can tell the bass is coming from the back by getting a free back massage. Keep in mind, that my ht room is only a little over 706 ft.^3. Can you imagine what my Pluses do to my tiny little room? When watching BR movies, I had to turn them down some or my room was going to get ripped apart.

When I mentioned replacing my cabling, I was mainly referring to my hdmi cables, sub cables, and etc. Right now, I am using 12 AWG speaker wire with banana plugs. But, I will be replacing the 12 AWG with 10 AWG cut to proper sizes. The same holds true with respect to my hdmi/sub cables, and etc. Anyways, I hope this answers your questions and thanks for your input. It really is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil
    Last edited by soundfreak38; 11-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Nice set-up Phil!

How do you like the BD35?
    Hi Chas and thanks for your kind words. I really like my Panny BR player. The new sound codecs are noticeably better. Still lots of tweaking to do, but it is coming. No real big hurry, since I only have to please myself. My plan is to upgrade my subs sometime down the road.

Cheers,

Phil

haha, sorry that was funny wording! I meant plugging one sub's single port, and leaving the other sub unplugged, or adversely plugging up both subs' single ports. i figured having one sub plugged and one open, you might get the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    haha, sorry that was funny wording! I meant plugging one sub's single port, and leaving the other sub unplugged, or adversely plugging up both subs' single ports. i figured having one sub plugged and one open, you might get the best of both worlds
    LOL.........you can with one of these:

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/mbm-12.html

Who knows, I may just end up with one of these as well. Does it ever end? Oh well, it is fun though.......right?

Cheers,

Phil

On a side note, I plan to get one of the new 15" subs here in the near future.
    Last edited by soundfreak38; 11-21-2008 at 10:29 AM.

A shot of my 340SE's:

Nice setup Chas!
    Do you notice the sound improvement with the acoustic treatments? Best upgrade I ever made.

Peace,

Jim