Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 8283848586878889 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post

Front Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon Tweeters
    Amplifier: Jolida JD302CRC Tube (EL34 - 50 wpc) * w/ Home Theater Bypass
    Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Jelco SA-750e 10" tonearm, Merrill Digital Motor Drive & Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cartridge.
    Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (tube)
    DVD Deck: OPPO DV-980H
    Bluray Deck: Sony
    Audio Rack: Salamander Archetype
    TV: Sony Bravia KDS-60A3000
    HT Amplifier: Sony ES DA3100ES
    Center Channel: Mirage OmniSat (Soon to be replaced with Ascend Acoustics)
    Rear Channels: Mirage OmniSat (Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE's on order)
    Subwoofer: Mirage Omni S10 - 10" 250 watt

- Greg
    That looks great! Good speaker placement too. I'll bet it sounds awesome.

I joined the forum about 2 years ago when I purchased my RAAL Towers, but I've only lurked in various threads. After reading about a potential tower upgrade in the Sierra LX thread, I figured I'd go ahead and share my setup. Somehow my A/V budget always gets spent on the audio side...

DAC/Preamp: miniDSP DDRC-24
    Amplifier: VTV Hypex NC502MP
    Speakers: Sierra Tower w/ RAAL
    Subwoofer: Rythmik L12

For dedicated listening sessions, I usually move the sofa and coffee table out of the way and put the recliner in the MLP
    Pic_1_new.jpg

Pic_2_new.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by full_metal_hoodie View Post
    I joined the forum about 2 years ago when I purchased my RAAL Towers, but I've only lurked in various threads. After reading about a potential tower upgrade in the Sierra LX thread, I figured I'd go ahead and share my setup. Somehow my A/V budget always gets spent on the audio side...

For dedicated listening sessions, I usually move the sofa and coffee table out of the way and put the recliner in the MLP
    Pic_1_new.jpg

Pic_2_new.jpg
    Nice setup! Kudos for pulling the speakers out into the room like that.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Very nice!

What are you feeding your miniDSP?
    I also have a VTV amp.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Nice setup! Kudos for pulling the speakers out into the room like that.
    For a while, I had them right up against the wall to provide some boundary gain which helped with the crossover to the sub. It might be psychological, but I get a deeper soundstage when I move them further into the room. That started causing SBIR problems, so I wound up here, with them 4' into the room.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Very nice!

What are you feeding your miniDSP?
    I also have a VTV amp.
    Either FLAC off my PLEX server or Tidal. It's connected via USB to a SFF HTPC.

Which VTV amp do you have, and have you opened it up at all? I saw a couple of comments about you sending an amp back in the LX thread. I bought mine used after they had supposedly fixed their QC issues, but the wiring is pretty bad (pin 1 XLR chassis grounds not done correctly, bad soldering, etc.). I might try to ask Buckeye amps if I can swap my Hypex amp into his case with the new auto-sensing board and soft start features.

Somehow my A/V budget always gets spent on the audio side...
    Nice looking system and room. I am using my system in stereo only so far, and my Horizon Center still in the box since I receive it six month ago...

The streaming service I use is Qobuz, it replaced Tidal I used to use since two years ago, and they have many albums in hi-res format that is quite nice.

Pic_1_new.jpg

Pic_2_new.jpg
    Great looking setup and terrific pics! Are you OK with us adding these to the photo gallery on our main site?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Which VTV amp do you have, and have you opened it up at all? I saw a couple of comments about you sending an amp back in the LX thread. I bought mine used after they had supposedly fixed their QC issues, but the wiring is pretty bad (pin 1 XLR chassis grounds not done correctly, bad soldering, etc.). I might try to ask Buckeye amps if I can swap my Hypex amp into his case with the new auto-sensing board and soft start features.
    I got this one:
    https://vtvamplifier.com/product/vtv...hypex-nc252mp/

I have had it about four months now. Yeah, I did a lot of research and read about the QC issues, but took a chance. I haven't opened it, and I did have an issue, but it has seems to have cleared up.

I also researched Buckeye, but the wait times were too long for me, and pricing a bit higher.

VTV/Warren has been good in communicating with me, and seems to be more than willing to take the amp back and troubleshoot. It just sounds so good, and it may just be in my head, I just don't want to take it out of the system. I still have my old ATI as back-up.
    -curtis

I have two of the VTV amps (with Pascal modules) but haven't opened either. Although I did read about the QC issues/less attention to details, I went ahead and got the first 4 channel a couple of years ago to drive ATMOS speakers. No issues at all. I moved to a custom 7 channel Pascal amp (1x250 for center, 6x125 for surrounds/heights) when I got my AVM70 as I needed additional amplification. Have had that in my system for 8 months or so. Sounds great and no issues.

As with Curtis, no issues with Warren's communication. I've also bought tubes from him in the past.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Are you OK with us adding these to the photo gallery on our main site?
    Of course! The new site looks great btw.

I'm glad to hear other people have had good experiences with VTV and their customer service. I reached out via the "Contact Us" page on their website and never heard back, but that was a while ago. Right now, everything works, so I'm inclined to leave everything alone and enjoy the music.