Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Just received an update from Nate at Funk Audio regarding my sub...next step will be to add the red stain and satin finsh...this will blend in both species of wood which make up the round overs and cabinet veneer. You can see from the picture the Santos Rosewood is a tad darker. Once complete their will be significantly less contrast...

billp (1).jpg
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Just received an update from Nate at Funk Audio regarding my sub...next step will be to add the red stain and satin finsh...this will blend in both species of wood which make up the round overs and cabinet veneer. You can see from the picture the Santos Rosewood is a tad darker. Once complete their will be significantly less contrast...
    Wish I could hear it when you get it.
    -curtis

Truth of the matter Curtis...people will be wondering how it compares to subs xyz.

Untill its calibrated and integrated properly in my new home (room) with speakers who knows. I only know of the driver and it's specs over at DB. I can confidently say the driver itself measures extremely well so I'm excited to finally hear one for myself...I'll try and not use to many buzz words but it will be special I'm sure.

Take care...btw it could be ready to ship next week but I asked Nathan to hold off until I can get my HT setup because of my wrist....he is very easy to deal and work with.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Got my Tower system today, these are simply beautiful to look at and listen.

Also wanted to thank David, and Dina for their patience and awesome rapid customer service.

DJoel
    Hi DJoel - replying to a way old post of yours.

I have a similar cabinet and will probably opt for a Sierra 2 center. Replacing the cabinet is too much trouble right now.

Did you ever try to put that big center inside your Cabinet just to see how it would work out? It would have to be recessed behind the posts and you'd have to lower the center shelf, but it looks like it should fit. Just curious as to how it worked if you tried.

Thx

Hi Blingleberry
    Sadly I do not have the Horizon any longer, but from what I recall I didn't think it would fit, nor I've ever thought of putting in side the cabinet only because I have the PDP stand which elevates the screen over the center channel.

Consulting with my wife said it could have fit easily, but as you know the side post would make it difficult to attempt thou, just my opinion.

Good luck

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Hi Blingleberry
    Sadly I do not have the Horizon any longer, but from what I recall I didn't think it would fit, nor I've ever thought of putting in side the cabinet only because I have the PDP stand which elevates the screen over the center channel.

Consulting with my wife said it could have fit easily, but as you know the side post would make it difficult to attempt thou, just my opinion.

Good luck

Dan
    Can't believe someone sold a Horizon, what did you end up changing to?
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Nothing to replace it, once my girls get a little older I get another one. Daddy was acting like a lunatic, and it wasn't fair for them not to play... Hopefully they'll be something new and exciting once I'm ready.

Cheers

Dan

syracuse riser web.jpeg

Slowly getting there...

Looks Great, 14er...bet it sounds Even Better!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Thanks, man.