Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

@prashanth. Awesome system.I see that front left and right are heavily toed-in. Any reason they are set up so? What are you using for surrounds?

Finally I see you upgrading those sub woofers with mammoth ones in future lol
    Last edited by rsmt2000; 01-14-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Typos

Here is mine, had to built the TV stand to fit the center speaker, which I will be ordering soon.

And of course, winamp to play all the FLAC music , stone age player.

Thinking if I should post my review about the speaker and the difference in using a low end receiver without power amp vs using receiver & power and pre & power, cable difference etc etc.

Well eventually based on all the listening, decided to use a receiver & power amp.

Tower
    Emotiva xpa-5
    Yamaha Aventage 840
    2 X Rythmik L12
    Microsoft surface for everything non movie
    Playstation for movie and games
    Emotiva Econnects

IMG_1436.JPG
    Last edited by oneeardeaf; 02-08-2016 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added more stuff

Quote Originally Posted by oneeardeaf View Post
    Here is mine, had to built the TV stand to fit the center speaker, which I will be ordering soon.

Thinking if I should post my review about the speaker and the difference in using a low end receiver without power amp vs using receiver & power and pre & power, cable difference etc etc.

Well eventually based on all the listening, decided to use a receiver & power amp.

Tower
    Emotiva xpa-5
    Yamaha Aventage 840
    2 X Rythmik L12
    Emotiva Econnects

IMG_1436.JPG
    Nice setup, how was the sound with and without the amp. Im thinking of getting an outlaw 5000 amp for my towers and center.

At low volume under 85 db, I found all them almost identical, with very subtle variation in the sound mainly in the lower frequency, I guess this due to the make difference, but everything changed with higher volume.
    Comparison:
    Yamaha HTR-3066 vs yamaha aventage 840 vs borrowed Marantz AV7702 + Emotiva vs yamaha aventage 840 + Emotiva.

With higher volumes I felt everything was tighter and cleaner with the Emotiva, specially the lower frequency, while I was confused if Marantz sounded better than the Yamaha, I am not sure if it sounded better also, may be it was just the higher paying cost(If i had the money, I would totally buy this), anyways, I stuck to the Yamaha 840, which did everything I wanted. I was a happy. The power amp did make me feel safer to push the speakers also.
    Some expect opinion on this subject low end vs high end will be interesting.

My primary test song across all was Desert Dwellers - Wandering sadhu, joe satriani-rubina.
    I spend a week with each, movies, songs etc and then last day before giving away Marantz mixed up everything for an hour each.

For $550 the Yamaha 840 is brilliant, can't believe technology is so cheap in such a small package.
    Also the Yamaha now has the speaker out free, which i am using for zone 2 etc
    Last edited by oneeardeaf; 02-09-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by oneeardeaf View Post

Tower
    Emotiva xpa-5
    Yamaha Aventage 840
    2 X Rythmik L12
    Emotiva Econnects

IMG_1436.JPG
    Looks Great and thanks for sharing!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just got these in today to compare against my current Focal Aria 936's.

I bet you will fall in love with the Sierra Towers.
    Steelbolz

ST RAAL, Emotiva ERC 3, XPA 2 and USP 1.

Quote Originally Posted by freesole View Post

Just got these in today to compare against my current Focal Aria 936's.
    1st impression please

Spent a good 4-5 hours listening to them last night. The RAAL tweeters really shine, even up against a $4K (retail) speaker in the Aria 936. Early impression is that they perform incredibly well and go toe to toe with the 936 while in some recordings, I would give the edge to the Sierra's. The margin though between the two, at best, is fairly slim... so far! The Sierra's are really a joy to listen to.

Red face Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

For a near field small 9ft x 10ft intimate music room...A Totally AWESOME & ENGAGING Live Sound that is Focused, Open and Emotional! Only issue is having to pick up jaw off the floor!!

Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by theophile; 02-23-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!