Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_teller View Post
    Audyssey MultEQ XT32 chose different crossover frequencies, basically setting every speaker to 40Hz except for the Front Wides, which were set to 100Hz. But my manual bass sweeps revealed the minor flaws in those settings. With the frequencies I've selected manually, every sweep sounds amazingly linear, even, and uniform.
    Consumer version of Audyssey in receivers does not pick crossover frequencies; the receiver itself does that.

Very cool Jonathan.
    What have you all listened to and have you tried the grenade scene on World war Z?

I noticed you ate using Gramma's under your SVS subs. Can you tell me what benefit you feel they have given the subs? I have been thinking about getting a pair myself for the sake of maybe keeping my floor from shaking so much. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
    Consumer version of Audyssey in receivers does not pick crossover frequencies; the receiver itself does that.
    If Audyssey doesn't pick the crossover, then how does the receiver know what to set the crossover at? If a person never ran Audyssey, the receiver then chooses a default crossover setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Harro View Post
    Very cool Jonathan.
    What have you all listened to and have you tried the grenade scene on World war Z?

I noticed you ate using Gramma's under your SVS subs. Can you tell me what benefit you feel they have given the subs? I have been thinking about getting a pair myself for the sake of maybe keeping my floor from shaking so much. LOL
    Lemme see...

Chris Botti in Boston, John Mayer - Where the Light Is, 1st 15 Beethoven Piano Sonatas played by Daniel Barenboim, Marvel's The Avengers (in 3D), Avatar (in 3D), Lord of the Rings: Fellowship, Dredd (in 3D & DTS Neo:X), Expendables 2 (in DTS Neo:X), select scenes from Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, then a whole smattering of music and some other select movie scenes. I think that's most of it so far

I don't know how much I'd say the Auralex GRAMMA risers have changed the sound of my SVSound subs within my theatre at all. That's not really the point of damping. It's mostly about preventing the physical vibrations from entering the very structure of my building, and thus bothering my neighbors.

I CAN say - with absolute certainty - that they reduced some rattles within my theatre room significantly. I did try running some bass sweeps with the SVSound subs just standing on my carpet with no GRAMMA risers under them. The left wall of my theatre is just a thin wall that separates the theatre room from my laundry room. The whole wall rattles pretty badly with the subwoofer standing right next to it. With the GRAMMA in place, it still rattles at a few specific frequencies during the rather loud bass sweep, but it is nothing like how much it rattles without the GRAMMA in place. So there is no doubt what-so-ever that the GRAMMA riser is reducing the physical vibrations that would otherwise be entering my floor, and thus travelling through the physical structure of my apartment. I've not had any talks with my neighbors yet, but it seems self-evident that a wall rattling almost all the time would be more bothersome than a wall that rarely rattles

Here is my kick off your shoes and relax area. Not as pretty as some of the others in this thread but if you go to the link you will read No wife approval needed. Just a place where I can sit back and enjoy myself in full surround sound. I love my Ascends even if they are not yet the flagship model, but thinking Santa has some surprises for me

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178838

Very nice!
    Nate

I'm diggin' the gramophone, Harro!

Looks like a good place to kick it.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    I'm diggin' the gramophone, Harro!

Looks like a good place to kick it.
    Thanks it has been in my family for as long as I can remember. Used to play with it in our attic when I was a small child. Here is a picture of the 78 rpm record that does play on it. harry james.jpg

Very nice, Harro!

Any chance you'd be able to pull that Center speaker forward so that it does not have some of your TV stand's top shelf in front of it? I can't guarantee it'll make a big audible difference, but you're definitely getting a strong reflection off of the top of that TV stand with the Center speaker pushed back like that. Should be an easy enough experiment to try out, anyway

Love your subwoofer, by the way!

I have a roll of cork that I have been meaning to lay down on the top of the stand just haven't had the time. Plus I have a pair of those triangle rubber door stops I thought about placing under the center to angle it up a bit. I will be experimenting with these options. Plus I haven't taken any room measurements yet and have REW downloaded but too much RL stuff keeps getting in the way.