Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

I think I would have to have the lights off in a room that treated cause it would really distract me...

Quote Originally Posted by power4people View Post
    Finally took some pics of my two of my three Ascend setup's. BTW - I just got the Sierra 1's in my office replacing some AV123 X-LS. Did not intend to get the NRT upgrade but I picked these up directly and when I got home and opened the box a genie had transformed them into NRT's. I was going to take them back but after an evening listening to them I formed an emotional attachment. Not returning them and happy to pay the extra bones for them.

Theater / Family room
    Mains: Sierra Tower
    Center: Horizon
    Surround: HTM-200
    Amp: Emotiva MPS-1
    Pre: Emotiva UMC-1
    Source: Oppo BDP-93, Apple TV
    Attachment 731Attachment 732Attachment 733Attachment 734Attachment 735Attachment 736

Home Office Setup

Mains: Sierra 1 NRT
    Amp: Adcom
    Pre/DAC: Emotiva XDA-2

Attachment 737Attachment 738Attachment 739Attachment 740
    How big is the difference from the Sierra-1 to the towers or even the horizon? I'm guessing the towers and horizon have the NrT tweeter? I'm thinking after a new avr and sub I might go with a horizon LCR or towers and horizon but trying to justify the extra cost cause I have no complains about the Sierra-1 NrT.

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    I think I would have to have the lights off in a room that treated cause it would really distract me...
    Agree; I have the lights completely dimmed when listening to music. Although I have to say that the treatments look a lot more obnoxious in the pictures than in person; in fact, some folks who've seen my set-up thought the treatments were there for aesthetic reasons...

I like the way the room looks, sort of an Eighties thing.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by lithoGENE View Post
    Hello everyone,

I don't post here much, but I'm an active "listener" on this forum... Been meaning to post some pics of my set-up and finally got around to doing it.

My music/HT room is not big - 14'x11'x9'; hence, so many absorption panels. I have them on all the walls, plus a couple on the ceiling. I've also built a resonator box that I placed against the back wall behind the four 2'x4' absorption panels that are stacked up behind the listening chair.

Normally, when doing serious listening, I'll remove the TV and hide it in the closet to do away with unnecessary reflections. This way the panel that's behind the TV can do a better job adding depth to the sound stage.

The speakers are about 4' from the front wall and over 2' from the side walls. My ears - when I'm in the chair - are about 4' from the back wall. Alas, that leaves only about a 6' distance between the speakers and the listening position, which is why I wished the room was bigger to allow for proper driver integration. I believe I made the best of what I got though...

The sound? Absolutely incredible! Dave has created a gem in Sierra Towers. I have an ear-to-ear grin every time I do some 2-channel listening or watch a movie. The bass, the mids, the highs, the dynamics, all the detail, and no fatigue whatsoever. I am an incredibly satisfied customer...

gene

Attachment 750Attachment 751Attachment 752Attachment 753
    That is my kind of listening room! Thanks for sharing!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I like the way the room looks, sort of an Eighties thing.
    All it needs now is a mirror ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Robert View Post
    All it needs now is a mirror ball.
    Just placed an order on eBay....

Quote Originally Posted by t3ss View Post
    A sub accompanies my sierra1s now, love it. It all looks especially nice at certain times of day.

Wow I love it how pure it is, with no TV or any paraphernalia showing, just the speakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachmanowicz View Post
    Wow I love it how pure it is, with no TV or any paraphernalia showing, just the speakers!
    Please define "paraphernalia".

As far as I can tell that is for flavored tobacco.