Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    I'm actually looking for a class.d receiver right now. Hard to find one...
    Elite offers Class D receivers.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Elite offers Class D receivers.
    Yea but it's too high end for a simple 5.1 and the ICE amps are infamous for the rolled off treble.

The newer Elite receivers no longer use ICE power.

I can understand where you're coming from with regard to cost, though. Unfortunately, I do not know of any other Class D receivers. They may exist, I just don't know about them.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    The newer Elite receivers no longer use ICE power.

I can understand where you're coming from with regard to cost, though. Unfortunately, I do not know of any other Class D receivers. They may exist, I just don't know about them.
    Hmm... They're still touted as class d so I wonder whose module they're using now. Might just be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by jollo View Post
    The two towers came to live with me a while ago and all was good.

But just as all pairs of towers do, after a time, they grew lonely and forlorn. They seemed to lose some of their enthusiasm for tweeting and woofering. Their cables gave the impression of drooping a little. Although they didn't lack anything, they seemed to be pining for something... more.

So I thought and I thought and the answer came to me all at once. I must cast a magic spell with a card made of plastic. And so I did.

Soon thereafter a mysterious man dressed all in brown rang my doorbell. When I opened the door, he caused me to wave a brown wand of magic over a small brown device that he carried on his person. As a reward, he gave me a mysterious box made of brown cardboard that came from far away, over the horizon.

In that box was a bag made of lint. In that bag of lint was a mail order companion. She had the same features and skin color as the towers but unlike the towers, she was short and fat and had two slots in front but no hole in the rear.

It was love at first sight.

I tenderly put them all close together but not too close, like a happy little family.

Then I turned 'em up real loud.

The end.

Jollo,

Great set up. What size TV are you using? Being that the horizon is 23" wide, I'm guessing the TV is about 55"? The reason I ask, the horizon looks good proportionally to your set up. I showed my wife another set up with a horizon and a smaller TV (probably was a 42") and she thought the horizon looked too big. I told her with a larger TV it wouldn't look so menacing.

Looks like a 60" Sharp Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    Jollo,

Great set up. What size TV are you using? Being that the horizon is 23" wide, I'm guessing the TV is about 55"? The reason I ask, the horizon looks good proportionally to your set up. I showed my wife another set up with a horizon and a smaller TV (probably was a 42") and she thought the horizon looked too big. I told her with a larger TV it wouldn't look so menacing.

Jollo,

Kisakuku got it correct, the TV is a 60" Pioneer. The standard size Horizon is a hog though (don't tell your wife I said that).

The Horizon sounds fantastic and blends seamlessly with the towers, I happily accept the size because of the sound but I know it can be hard to fit in some people's setups. Just make sure you have about 11.5 inches clearance for where you are going to place it.
    Last edited by jollo; 01-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Showed the wife your set up and got the stamp of approval (for the larger horizon) It helps that your house/set up is bad ass. Good work man!

Thumbs up Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Showed the wife your set up and got the stamp of approval (for the larger horizon) It helps that your house/set up is bad ass. Good work man!
    Glad to help you spend your money.

Seriously, I think you will love the Ascends. They really are something special.
    Joe

Just want to share my pedestrian set-up. CMT-340SE pair sitting on Emotiva 12-inch subwoofers. White wall serves as my screen for movies.

Sorry for excessive brightness. Looks like I had too much light when taking pictures. DSC00103.JPGDSC00105.JPGDSC00110.JPGDSC00112.JPGDSC00113.JPG