Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jk121764 View Post
    Here's my 2 channel setup.

Hi. I wonder how are the ANTICABLES (visible on your picture) match these beauties?
    I'm getting ready for a purchase. I was thinking about this cables. I'm convinced based on reviews that speakers will deliver.

Hi Darius,

I just tried emailing John who had the setup you quoted, but his email address is no longer working. He last posted here in 2009. I know he had some fine equipment and good taste - he has had some very good speakers in the past, and yet he spoke very favourably about the Sierra 1's. Are you thinking of getting the Sierra 1s or 2s?

Welcome to the forum!

Mark

Anyone have any pics of the US made Sierra 2's? It will be a month or so before I have mine and I'm getting anxious!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Anyone have any pics of the US made Sierra 2's? It will be a month or so before I have mine and I'm getting anxious!
    We plan to have a full set of pics posted on the website once we receive our next batch of Sierra-2 tweeters and get caught up with backorders. Sorry!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Cool. The thread I started >2 yrs ago lives on (see original post). Major components about the same, except the following changes:

-Toshiba HDDVD player's gone
    -Added PS3
    -Changed remote to Harmony One
    -Pio plasma no longer wall-mounted
    -Moved 340SE center channel into cabinet
    -DirecTV DVR changed to Fios with TivoHD
    -Different house
    -Same crappy Costco satellite clock

Last edited by BGHD; 04-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    Main TV setup:
    Ascend 340 SE fronts
    200 surrounds
    Sony SS-CSE Atmos Speakers
    Hsu VTF3-mkII
    Yamaha 7850 receiver
    LG UBKC90 Blu Ray player
    TivoHD
    PS3 (yup, not a 4!)

Keyboard setup:
    170SE surrounds
    Pio 74txvi receiver
    Pio 588 for DVDA/SACD

I have that same clock in the living room!
    -curtis

that's nice bghd...

that's a salamander synergy triple stand, right? if so, how do you like it? was it difficult to assemble?

i'm hunting a new stand right now, and i'm trying to decide between the salamander and the studiotech ultra. it's hard to find a closed cabinet design that is deep enough to actually be functional.

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    that's nice bghd...

that's a salamander synergy triple stand, right? if so, how do you like it? was it difficult to assemble?

i'm hunting a new stand right now, and i'm trying to decide between the salamander and the studiotech ultra. it's hard to find a closed cabinet design that is deep enough to actually be functional.
    I'm happy with it. Not difficult to assemble. Top & bottom pieces on the triple are crazy heavy though (maybe just for my wimpy self though), so may need help. My receiver barely fits. Optional wheels make tweaking easier, esp if have hard flooring.
    Main TV setup:
    Ascend 340 SE fronts
    200 surrounds
    Sony SS-CSE Atmos Speakers
    Hsu VTF3-mkII
    Yamaha 7850 receiver
    LG UBKC90 Blu Ray player
    TivoHD
    PS3 (yup, not a 4!)

Keyboard setup:
    170SE surrounds
    Pio 74txvi receiver
    Pio 588 for DVDA/SACD

Dave and Brian, Thanks for building such great products!. I still have a couple of things to work on (and aquire) to complete my "HT". But I am loving the picture and sound. Below are some pictures of my setup.

You will notice that my CMT 340s are wall mounted. I need a steeper angle on both the sides (currently around 14 degrees, need to make it 22) and the back (currently 14 degrees, need 20). I am designing\builidng supports which will sit on the mall mounts and increase the angle.

I also need a better DVD player. Probably I'll wait a bit cause I want to make sure I can play DVD Audio and SACD as well.

Loving all the clearness,
    stevec

System:
    Panasonic TH-50PZ800U Plasma HDTV
    ATT UVERSE HD DVR
    Onkyo TX-SR806 Receiver
    Denon 1600 DVD Plaver
    PlayStation 3
    Sierra 1 Left, Right, and Center
    Rythmik D-15SE Subwoofer
    CMT 340SE Side Surrounds
    CMT 340SE Rear Surrounds (THX Distance Placed)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevec; 04-27-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD View Post
    I'm happy with it. Not difficult to assemble. Top & bottom pieces on the triple are crazy heavy though (maybe just for my wimpy self though), so may need help. My receiver barely fits. Optional wheels make tweaking easier, esp if have hard flooring.
    I have also been looking at that stand to go under my screen. I only have 23 inches from the floor to the bottom of the screen, and I think that is one of the few that will fit (without the wheels).

Do you have the cabinet doors open for the purposes of the photo, or to improve cooling of the components? My video scaler in particular gets real hot, even in it's current location where it is on an open shelf. I am not sure from the picture - which door panel did you go with? Do you find much "bleed through" from the lights on the equipment? Sorry for all the questions!

It is good to see that the 340SE center fits in the cabinet too. One of the main reasons I want a new stand is that it will enable me to get my center off the floor where it is now (Dave F, pretend you didn't hear that!).

Thanks,
    Mike