Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jollo View Post
    It sounds fantastic. I probably listen to music 90% of the time. If I'm home and awake, the tunes are playing. This is the most non fatiguing system I've ever had; I can literally listen to it all day and have to tear myself away from it.

I picked up a Parasound A21 a while ago and between that and the 2100 and the Sierra towers with the Raals, I'm in 2 channel heaven.

Don't you have a Parasound amp also?
    Great to hear...pun intended. No matter the material, everything sounds great without any fatigue etc.

Yes, I also have the A21 for my RAAL towers. The combo along with the 2100 and my Rythmik D-15 is audio bliss. We obviously both have great taste!

Enjoy & happy holidays,
    Brandon

Man, I love stories with happy endings....

Your room looks awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Man what a beautiful room, and that center really adds to the system, and that A/V stand is really great looking, looks so majestic.
    The TV stand does look very nice. Is that a BDI Arena mount on a compatible BDI cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
    The TV stand does look very nice. Is that a BDI Arena mount on a compatible BDI cabinet?
    Thanks and you're correct. It's the Arena mount but it has feet so you don't have to attach it to the cabinet, it just sits behind and the feet stick underneath. You can use it with any furniture that you can get the feet under, so you don't have to use just BDI stuff. I really like it.

The cabinet is the BDI Ola. I like the TV mounted as low as I can get away with and I needed room for the Horizon center. I was really glad to find the cabinet, as it's just 19" tall and I can fit all my stuff in it.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Man, I love stories with happy endings....

Your room looks awesome...
    Thanks Billy. It's mostly your and Brandon's fault for saying good things about Ascend speakers that got me interested in them to start with. So... thanks.

I'm really happy with the setup now.
    Joe

Gorgeous setup, jollo....love the lava lamp accents too.

Jollo, gorgeous setup indeed. Do you have 6.1 setup? I see a center surround on the bookshelf?

jollo,

OMG! Your pictures are stunning! What a beautiful room. And would you look at those gorgeous Towers and Horizon. Truly a match made in heaven, and I know your matchmaking skills ensure true love forever.

BTW, I noticed you took down your old photos (fair enough). I still remember them. Between both of these sets, you've shown a knack for composition and lighting. Well done! Thanks for sharing these with us.

EDIT: Oh, I absolutely loved your story there at the beginning. What a great intro!

EDIT 2: Dude, you have me seriously drooling. I can't stop looking at those photos! No doubt I will be returning to your post several times for the next few days. Congratulations, you've achieve sonic perfection...great selection of amps, preamps, speakers, etc.

Out of sheer curiosity, what side/back surrounds are you using? I can't tell. In any case, I agree with you about the non-fatiguing nature of the Towers or Horizon. I own a RAAL Horizon (in black) and I absolutely love it. Your pictures have me wishing beyond all else that I could fit some Towers in here, too. Alas, my Sierra-1s comfort my pining soul.
    Last edited by Dark Ranger; 12-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post
    Gorgeous setup, jollo....love the lava lamp accents too.
    Thanks. I'm surprised no one made fun of me for the lava lamps. Hippie approved.
    Joe

Thumbs up Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    jollo,

OMG! Your pictures are stunning! What a beautiful room. And would you look at those gorgeous Towers and Horizon. Truly a match made in heaven, and I know your matchmaking skills ensure true love forever.

BTW, I noticed you took down your old photos (fair enough). I still remember them. Between both of these sets, you've shown a knack for composition and lighting. Well done! Thanks for sharing these with us.

EDIT: Oh, I absolutely loved your story there at the beginning. What a great intro!

EDIT 2: Dude, you have me seriously drooling. I can't stop looking at those photos! No doubt I will be returning to your post several times for the next few days. Congratulations, you've achieve sonic perfection...great selection of amps, preamps, speakers, etc.

Out of sheer curiosity, what side/back surrounds are you using? I can't tell. In any case, I agree with you about the non-fatiguing nature of the Towers or Horizon. I own a RAAL Horizon (in black) and I absolutely love it. Your pictures have me wishing beyond all else that I could fit some Towers in here, too. Alas, my Sierra-1s comfort my pining soul.
    Thanks a lot for the nice comments. I feel really lucky to have this setup. When I was young, I figured I would never get this far. I love music and movies, so it gets used a lot.

Sorry about taking down the photos, I didn't realize I had done that. I put them back now. Here's a link to all the photos with the old setup and new. on Picasa: https://picasaweb.google.com/jollocoll/Ascend#

I had an all Axiom setup before this, so I just moved some of 'em back. The side surrounds are Axiom M80 towers and the rear center is an Axiom VP150.

This house is real open so the living room is weird (tall ceilings and open to almost the rest of the house) so I really like having the towers for surrounds. Between the Ascends up front and the Axioms around back, movies sound fantastic. I watched Master and Commander after I got everything set up just for the sound effects. Unreal.
    Last edited by jollo; 12-20-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Joe