Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

The two towers came to live with me a while ago and all was good.

But just as all pairs of towers do, after a time, they grew lonely and forlorn. They seemed to lose some of their enthusiasm for tweeting and woofering. Their cables gave the impression of drooping a little. Although they didn't lack anything, they seemed to be pining for something... more.

So I thought and I thought and the answer came to me all at once. I must cast a magic spell with a card made of plastic. And so I did.

Soon thereafter a mysterious man dressed all in brown rang my doorbell. When I opened the door, he caused me to wave a brown wand of magic over a small brown device that he carried on his person. As a reward, he gave me a mysterious box made of brown cardboard that came from far away, over the horizon.

In that box was a bag made of lint. In that bag of lint was a mail order companion. She had the same features and skin color as the towers but unlike the towers, she was short and fat and had two slots in front but no hole in the rear.

It was love at first sight.

I tenderly put them all close together but not too close, like a happy little family.

Then I turned 'em up real loud.

The end.

Joe

Man, looks great, Joe! How does it sound?

Did you play with center off and on the pads?

Man what a beautiful room, and that center really adds to the system, and that A/V stand is really great looking, looks so majestic. Love those rich bold dark colors. Dark Cherry?

Congrats on you new Horizon center, I would pull the center a bit towards the front though, that is if you don't have little hands around that can get to it.

Awesome room, thanks for sharing.

Djoel

jollo,
    Nice setup! Love the color of the Towers/center. I have the 2100 pre as well, how does everything sound?

jollo,

Nice room & setup!

Is there any chance that you could use that magical plastic card to cast a spell for me?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Man, looks great, Joe! How does it sound?

Did you play with center off and on the pads?
    It sounds fantastic. With the towers and the center, I get a completely seamless soundstage across the front. When a sound effect moves across the speakers in a movie, it's just amazing.

I didn't even try the center flat on the cabinet. I had the pads, so I just plopped it on them. I don't know if the pads really do anything anyway but they elevate the center a couple inches and tilt it up a bit.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Man what a beautiful room, and that center really adds to the system, and that A/V stand is really great looking, looks so majestic. Love those rich bold dark colors. Dark Cherry?

Congrats on you new Horizon center, I would pull the center a bit towards the front though, that is if you don't have little hands around that can get to it.

Awesome room, thanks for sharing.

Djoel
    Thanks for all that. The finish on the speakers is espresso and the stand color they call a chocolate stained walnut.

I think you are right about pulling the center forward. I will give it a try. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I sit pretty close to the TV (8 feet away). That puts the center pretty much in my face, so I thought I would try it pushed back to start with. It sounds great but I'm always up for a tweak.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    jollo,
    Nice setup! Love the color of the Towers/center. I have the 2100 pre as well, how does everything sound?
    It sounds fantastic. I probably listen to music 90% of the time. If I'm home and awake, the tunes are playing. This is the most non fatiguing system I've ever had; I can literally listen to it all day and have to tear myself away from it.

I picked up a Parasound A21 a while ago and between that and the 2100 and the Sierra towers with the Raals, I'm in 2 channel heaven.

Don't you have a Parasound amp also?
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jollo View Post
    Thanks for all that. The finish on the speakers is espresso and the stand color they call a chocolate stained walnut.

I think you are right about pulling the center forward. I will give it a try. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I sit pretty close to the TV (8 feet away). That puts the center pretty much in my face, so I thought I would try it pushed back to start with. It sounds great but I'm always up for a tweak.
    Hm I forgot what color I have on my Towers, and center but from those pics it looks like your finish.

The reason for pulling the Horizon , which I didn't mentioned on my other post is to ovoid hard surface reflection of the cabinet.
    I bet it sounds great either way.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    jollo,

Nice room & setup!

Is there any chance that you could use that magical plastic card to cast a spell for me?
    Alas, as legend has it, using the magic of the plastic drains and weakens it's awesome power. It is now but a sad and feeble thing; of no use to those who seek the nirvana of the audio.

Tales are told of a mighty wizard that lives in the darkest realm of the Kingdom of the Internet. First you must seek out his servant Google, that he may set you on the correct path. If you are pure of heart you may then enter the wizard's domain. Once found, the mighty wizard Paypal may be persuaded by a clever combination of passwords and security questions, to aid you in your noble quest.
    Joe