Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    mostly referring to distance and the akwardness of the room behind the couch (does sound get 'trapped' in the kitchen a bit?). I had a room very similar and the surrounds were such a pain to figure out, haha. have you thought about just using tall stands behind the couch, or even hanging them down from the ceiling?
    kudos on the system though, looks killer!
    hang them from the ceiling? you must not be married.. .. yeah you are right the rear sound is not ideal... I actually am thinking about taking out a bit of the kitchen dividing wall (some time next year).. that will eliminate some loss.

thanks for the kudos on the system... Pretty much all my wiring is in wall (I have an access panel in the back room).. I designed those floating shelves (no brackets anywhere)... It just needs a few more electronics...
    Last edited by stevec; 04-27-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    hang them from the ceiling? you must not be married.. ..
    lol, true I am not; but nonetheless it may look terrible hanging them anyway, haha. the kitchen wall looks to have a support beam to hold up that wall-- it's not my place but if I owned it I think I would remove that kitchen wall down to the countertop height, regardless of the speakers; it'd open up that room

I like those floating shelves Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Dave and Brian, Thanks for building such great products!. I still have a couple of things to work on (and aquire) to complete my "HT". But I am loving the picture and sound. Below are some pictures of my setup.

You will notice that my CMT 340s are wall mounted. I need a steeper angle on both the sides (currently around 14 degrees, need to make it 22) and the back (currently 14 degrees, need 20). I am designing\builidng supports which will sit on the mall mounts and increase the angle.
    Stevec,

Your setup looks great and you are most welcome

Thank YOU for placing your confidence in our products!

Enjoy!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD View Post
    I'm happy with it. Not difficult to assemble. Top & bottom pieces on the triple are crazy heavy though (maybe just for my wimpy self though), so may need help. My receiver barely fits. Optional wheels make tweaking easier, esp if have hard flooring.
    I have also been looking at that stand to go under my screen. I only have 23 inches from the floor to the bottom of the screen, and I think that is one of the few that will fit (without the wheels).

Do you have the cabinet doors open for the purposes of the photo, or to improve cooling of the components? My video scaler in particular gets real hot, even in it's current location where it is on an open shelf. I am not sure from the picture - which door panel did you go with? Do you find much "bleed through" from the lights on the equipment? Sorry for all the questions!

It is good to see that the 340SE center fits in the cabinet too. One of the main reasons I want a new stand is that it will enable me to get my center off the floor where it is now (Dave F, pretend you didn't hear that!).

Thanks,
    Mike

Here is my front setup now that we have moved into the new town home. I need to upgrade my sub and I'm watching for b-stock HTMs to add to the rear, currently have some JBLs back there. Have 3 170's across the front being pushed by a Onkyo 805 with a Sony 5 DVD changer, Sony PS3 and a Onkyo SACD/DVD-A player and a Samsung LN46B550 for the display. Monoprice has a kit to run the power and signal cables in the wall that will be added sometime.

Photo was taken on my cell phone, but still came out fine.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Abiathar View Post
    Here is my front setup now that we have moved into the new town home. I need to upgrade my sub and I'm watching for b-stock HTMs to add to the rear, currently have some JBLs back there. Have 3 170's across the front being pushed by a Onkyo 805 with a Sony 5 DVD changer, Sony PS3 and a Onkyo SACD/DVD-A player and a Samsung LN46B550 for the display. Monoprice has a kit to run the power and signal cables in the wall that will be added sometime.

Photo was taken on my cell phone, but still came out fine.

Steve
    Nice clean setup. Monoprice has a kit that allows you to run power cables in-wall & satisfies electrical code? Cool. Link?
    Main TV setup:
    Ascend 340 SE fronts
    200 surrounds
    Sony SS-CSE Atmos Speakers
    Hsu VTF3-mkII
    Yamaha 7850 receiver
    LG UBKC90 Blu Ray player
    TivoHD
    PS3 (yup, not a 4!)

Keyboard setup:
    170SE surrounds
    Pio 74txvi receiver
    Pio 588 for DVDA/SACD

Talking Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_in_FL View Post
    I have also been looking at that stand to go under my screen. I only have 23 inches from the floor to the bottom of the screen, and I think that is one of the few that will fit (without the wheels).

Do you have the cabinet doors open for the purposes of the photo, or to improve cooling of the components? My video scaler in particular gets real hot, even in it's current location where it is on an open shelf. I am not sure from the picture - which door panel did you go with? Do you find much "bleed through" from the lights on the equipment? Sorry for all the questions!

It is good to see that the 340SE center fits in the cabinet too. One of the main reasons I want a new stand is that it will enable me to get my center off the floor where it is now (Dave F, pretend you didn't hear that!).

Thanks,
    Mike
    Sorry for late response, but been wasting too much time on Facebook.

-Cabinet doors: Open for both reasons. Usually open a door mostly when using either xbox or ps3, as I can hear the fans working overtime when it's closed. Doesn't seem to be a problem for other equipment.

-Lights: Have the standard black metal mesh. Would guess maybe 50% of light visible through the screen. Some of my components allow dimming too, which helps.

-Center: As per Ascend's rec, left off the panel behind the center channel. Seems to help make it sound less 'hollow.' I had my CC on the floor for a long while b4 buying the stand too.
    Main TV setup:
    Ascend 340 SE fronts
    200 surrounds
    Sony SS-CSE Atmos Speakers
    Hsu VTF3-mkII
    Yamaha 7850 receiver
    LG UBKC90 Blu Ray player
    TivoHD
    PS3 (yup, not a 4!)

Keyboard setup:
    170SE surrounds
    Pio 74txvi receiver
    Pio 588 for DVDA/SACD

Here is the link to the in wall kit from Monoprice. You have to go to you're local hardware store to get the Romex wire to run inside the wall, easy enough.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Steve

How do you like the 170 as a center speaker?